Mig 21 PF - 1.48 (Eduard Profilpack)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ricks got it in one Peter , theyre retractable landing lights , the later Mig 15s had a similar one under the left wing (the early ones had it in the nose inlet) cheers tony

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Ricks got it in one Peter , theyre retractable landing lights , the later Mig 15s had a similar one under the left wing (the early ones had it in the nose inlet) cheers tony
Thanks Tony......

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Some nice progress there- looking forward to the camo going on

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Some nice progress there- looking forward to the camo going on
Thanks John ......It's going to be pretty much plain aluminium ......... Albeit a little weary and battleworn.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I've finally managed to get the pilot somewhere close to looking like a pilot............ He isn't very convincing, but it's the best I can do. I really am rubbish at painting figures. Thanks to Monica and Alan for their help and tips, I'm sorry I let you down on the result, and to Ro............ Getting him in the seat was a mission. With a combination of the position of the headrest and the fact that his back was completely flat, there was a gap between him and the back of the seat ........... So I rounded off his back a bit with a little Miliput and built out the backrest with a small piece of plasticard...........If any rivet counters notice it the "to hell with them" ........ The seat in the kit isn't correct for the "PF" anyway......... But the gap is gone.

I still have to put some seat straps on him.......... There are some PE straps in the kit, but I'm not sure they'll be long enough to accommodate a pilot. If not I'll come up with something.

View attachment 117004

View attachment 117005

View attachment 117006

View attachment 117007

DSCN1990.JPG

DSCN1991.JPG

DSCN1992.JPG

DSCN1993.JPG

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
nearing the finish now-looking forwards to the primer
Still got a bit to do yet ....... It'll see primer toward the end of next week I expect.

D

dougie

Nice work mate, a wee catch up here. Had the thread open earlier but was helping Lucy build a bit.

Hopefully you get something simple sorted for the belts. Sure you will.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Nice work mate, a wee catch up here. Had the thread open earlier but was helping Lucy build a bit.
Hopefully you get something simple sorted for the belts. Sure you will.
Thanks Dougie ....... I will try the PE belts .......but if that fails there is always masking tape.

T

treyzx10r

Just caught up with this Peter its a great looking Build ,looking forward to the next update!