Mr.Smythe's Defiant.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Cohan,

I'm sitting here wondering why Mr. Smiff hasn't helped you get started on this build yet. Maybe you have to bite him on the finger so he starts spreading some glue on the parts for you. I imagine you are itching to get going with this. It looks a nice kit and I know you will do a super job putting it together...

You also need to get him searching the web for a small hissy stick that fits your tiny fingers instead of buying more kits...Have fun!!!

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Quite concerned here at Race Towers about this current obsession with wingy things Mr Smith .
Return to the land side asap , and no more of this , remember mud mud glorious mud :upside:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well I'm in for watching this .
What's with all these masking sets. You can buy a heap of masking tape for the same price .lol
Hi Ian,you`re correct of course...... and by the look of the mask set,i may well end up needing Tons of regular Rolls!!:dizzy:
Another great choice Andy, I built the nightfighter version so masking was easy :hungry:
Very interesting aircraft
Yes it is Mick:thumb2:...... The more i look into it,the more appealing the Night Fighter version gets!!:tears-of-joy:
Andy,
I will follow along matey.
Cheers Scottie,good to see you mate:hugging-face:
Evening Cohan,

I'm sitting here wondering why Mr. Smiff hasn't helped you get started on this build yet. Maybe you have to bite him on the finger so he starts spreading some glue on the parts for you. I imagine you are itching to get going with this. It looks a nice kit and I know you will do a super job putting it together...

You also need to get him searching the web for a small hissy stick that fits your tiny fingers instead of buying more kits...Have fun!!!

Prost
Allen
Thanks for that Allen:tears-of-joy:,we`re up and running on this one now...... can`t trust Cohan with the AB though....... He`s attention span ain`t great,likely to nod off part way through!!;)
Quite concerned here at Race Towers about this current obsession with wingy things Mr Smith .
Return to the land side asap , and no more of this , remember mud mud glorious mud :upside:
Sorry Mr.Race....... Although the recent Bench time has been devoted to the Cromwell Diorama,this has been calling to me from the sidelines at every session....and as the Mask set has arrived from Poland,i just HAD to press on with it!!;):nerd:
Now then, as respected as Mr race is, you don't need to pay too much attention to the post above. Just remember, you've seen the light.
Ah,hello again Colin:smiling4:..... "The Light" has definitely returned to my bench:tears-of-joy:

So then,as i mentioned,the Mask set has arrived and i`ve started the Cockpit assemble,and even a little Basic painting....... update of which will follow shortly!
........ TBC......

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
........ Cont`d........
Well,all i can say is,i`m so pleased that i was slow off the mark in getting those Masks from the outlets that you kindly suggested ...... Why?....
..... It would appear that in one of my occasional,"Jack Daniels induced",on line purchasing sprees,i did actually buy some:flushed:,but,as they were from a company in Poland,and bought direct,they obviously didn`t show on any of my "Purchased" pages,...... Hence,i awoke in the morning completely oblivious to the fact!:fearful:...... and to my complete surprise they arrived about a week ago!!:tears-of-joy:..... Here they are,(Omigod,what have i let myself in for???!!!).......
IMG20221108133006 (2).jpg

IMG20221108133027 (2).jpg
... and i thought Individual track links were a PITA!!!:dizzy: Anyway,putting those in a sealed box,in a darkened cupboard in a locked room;),i moved onto actually gluing some bits together,getting some Primer on,a base coat,followed gloss varnish,and lastly a bit of a darker wash.......
IMG_20221118_122118.jpg

The sink marks don`t need to be acted on because they`ll be covered by more parts,or completely hidden;).......
IMG20221118121904.jpg

IMG20221118121952.jpg
Early days,but a start at least.Once the painting progresses the detail will pop out a bit more as it`s not that obvious yet:sad:.There is no crew supplied with the kit,(Which i find a bit of a let down,in what otherwise looks, to my untrained Wingy eyes,a cracking kit),but i shall be adapting a Mosquito Crew kindly supplied to me from Steve,(Airborne1),cheers mate:thumb2:.
So that`s it up to now,more progress this afternoon:tongue-out:,
Thanks for looking in,cheers for now,
Andy
Ear

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Sorry Tim,posts crossed there!
.... Off and running now:thumb2:........ and NO Jack Daniels in site!!:tears-of-joy:
Don’t know about JD, but your post above jogged my memory…..that’s why I’ve got some big aircrew on my painting bench…..I was going to send them on wasn’t I :flushed: :flushed:
The glasshouse doesn’t look too bad, just take it slow and mask the canopy before you glue it on. That way it’s easier to handle…..just wipe fingerprints off the inside before gluing or you have a nasty surprise when you unmask it…..

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Don’t know about JD, but your post above jogged my memory…..that’s why I’ve got some big aircrew on my painting bench…..I was going to send them on wasn’t I :flushed: :flushed:
The glasshouse doesn’t look too bad, just take it slow and mask the canopy before you glue it on. That way it’s easier to handle…..just wipe fingerprints off the inside before gluing or you have a nasty surprise when you unmask it…..
Ha!! "Big Aircrew" you say :smiling3:
To me, they're the smaller of my personal range... But I realise that,compared to your preference,they are large!! ;)
....and thanks for the advice re canopy masks, I'll DEFINITELY be taking that slowly.. probably over a few days!! ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well Sir if you insist, I'll check in and follow from time to time just to keep you awake.......oops, the above post just came up, I guess you won't need me to keep you awake after all! :tongue-out3: :smiling2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It would appear that in one of my occasional,"Jack Daniels induced",on line purchasing sprees,i did actually buy some
Once upon a time, I was putting an order in with Hannants. Whilst I was at it, I thought, I'll get a bit of photo etch for my B17. When I added this to my order, a polite warning popped up telling me I bought this 12 months ago. Had I ? A quick look in the B17 box and 'oh yes, there it was'