Mr.Smythe's Hetzer

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Good evening Mr Smiffffff,
Well seeing that camo go on was a bit exciting to watch from here in the back seats!

They always look in ya face at this stage of camo but I Reckon it looks smashing and it will look even better with some muck and stuff dotted about.
keep it coming squire :cool:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So then, after the brown,this happened,....
View attachment 475416
View attachment 475414
As you can see,I decided to bolster the mask in certain areas with White Tac,(I'm not convinced about the quality of "seal" with these masks), maybe too late to save leakage on the Yellow,but we'll see :smiling3:
Now the Green applied ..
View attachment 475415
... Hmmm, it's been good fun actually, couldn't wait to see the results,but expected the worse!....
View attachment 475417
View attachment 475418
View attachment 475419
Well,as I suspected, there's been some bleed going on,but to be honest,not as bad as I was expecting. :smiling3: I can live with that, nothing that some patching up,and weathering, can't cure. ;)
All in all, I'm thinking it's quite a good base to move forward with,and I won't have to start from scratch :smiling3:
Just seen this one Andy, some nice work. As for the paint bleed, next time when you put the mask on, spray the same colour you've just masked, and that should stop the next colour bleeding through.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice updates looking good I’m in for this one I’ve have a few of these in different scales so I’m paying close attention Mr. Smiff.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
I'm joining the group of latecomers, Andy. Very nice camo and, as always, some new tricks (Ian's spray same base colour on masks, Michael's rub with printer paper) added in the "Hope I'll not forget it when I'll need it" file.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good evening Chaps,
It's been a bit of a time of it recently workwise,so I apologise for not not replying individually. :sad:
I will do tomorrow,but for now, here's the TINY amount of progress that I've crammed in... Just the tracks that I've been putting off! ;)
IMG20230228193345.jpg
..... Not a massive amount of the overall effort yet,but this took me a bit of time,and I decided to paint em up as I go ;)
.... Despite my dreading these,they ain't THAT bad!! ...
.. Hopefully I'll get some more done tomorrow :smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good evening Chaps,
It's been a bit of a time of it recently workwise,so I apologise for not not replying individually. :sad:
I will do tomorrow,but for now, here's the TINY amount of progress that I've crammed in... Just the tracks that I've been putting off! ;)
View attachment 475549
..... Not a massive amount of the overall effort yet,but this took me a bit of time,and I decided to paint em up as I go ;)
.... Despite my dreading these,they ain't THAT bad!! ...
.. Hopefully I'll get some more done tomorrow :smiling3:
Ok....so tracks definitely means land based...... In view of your recent sojourn into wingy things I was wondering if you were going to stick wings in the side! ;) :smiling5:

Have to say it is coming on very nicely indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good evening Mr Smiffffff,
Well seeing that camo go on was a bit exciting to watch from here in the back seats!

They always look in ya face at this stage of camo but I Reckon it looks smashing and it will look even better with some muck and stuff dotted about.
keep it coming squire :cool:
Lovely to see you Si, glad to hear that you're popping in from the cheap seats. ;)
Andy,
Just caught up on your build, stop criticising yourself, it looks good from here. Give the paint a rub down with a bit of printer paper, yes, printer paper, it will do the same job as 1000 grit. Looking forward to more on the build.
Mike.
Thanks Mike,very kind...and a great tip also. :smiling3:
Just seen this one Andy, some nice work. As for the paint bleed, next time when you put the mask on, spray the same colour you've just masked, and that should stop the next colour bleeding through.
Cheers Ian...a fantastic tip with the bleed mask there... Thanks for that :smiling3:
... You've helped a LOT of us with that I suspect ;)
Nice updates looking good I’m in for this one I’ve have a few of these in different scales so I’m paying close attention Mr. Smiff.
Hi Lee, not sure how much you'll learn from a build of mine... But I'll do my best!! ;(
I'm joining the group of latecomers, Andy. Very nice camo and, as always, some new tricks (Ian's spray same base colour on masks, Michael's rub with printer paper) added in the "Hope I'll not forget it when I'll need it" file.
Good to see you Andrea,yes,this is a gold mine for tips eh?! ;)
That looks very good Andy. As you say a perfect base to work on.
Cheers Jim,nice to see you pop in ;)

... TBC, soonish!!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ok then.... I've fitted the tracks,painted them up a bit and started to add a few other bits..
IMG20230302181751.jpg
.. made a few mistakes on that side
.... But this side came out better. :smiling3:
IMG20230302181653.jpg
Not too shabby so far,and now that's done, I'm more confident as it's all now coming back closer to my comfort zone ;) ...
Looking forward to tomorrow,got the day off,so should get loads done. :smiling3:
As always, thanks for looking in :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good job that I had the day off today... It's taken AGES to get this far, although its a LONG way to go!!
... Ere be picks...
IMG20230303172456.jpg
This camo stuff is quite hard to work out.. tried my best, but Also attempted some ""templates"
Ere's the tother side ...
IMG20230303172805.jpg
Thanks for looking in :smiling3:
That's it up to now,but there's a LOT more progress to show soon ;)IMG20230303172456.jpg

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking very good mate :thumb2: Cool as you like.
Cheers Tim,
(Hope you're at home now,and recovering :smiling3: ),
There's quite bit of blending in to do yet,and then some subtle weathering ;)
Good fun so far mind, although I must admit, it's quite the challenge :smiling3:
Thanks for popping in :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cheers Tim,
(Hope you're at home now,and recovering :smiling3: ),
There's quite bit of blending in to do yet,and then some subtle weathering ;)
Good fun so far mind, although I must admit, it's quite the challenge :smiling3:
Thanks for popping in :smiling3:
I am and already feel better…….hope it continues! Having a small celebratory cider tonight…….just half a can.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Smifffy that looks great the masks seemed to have worked well.
Cheers Scottie,(DAWG!! ;) ) They kinda did,but some tampering/touching up was necessary. :smiling3:
Just caught up Andy that’s a spectacular paint job
Thanks Mick... I'm hoping it'll be spectacular in the end mate. ;)