Mr.Smythe's Hetzer

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Glad (sort of) that you said it was a good kit Andy. I was looking at one for my Ardennes dio. Guess it's going on the 'buy' list then
Alan, you might want to see if the Airfix re-box kit of this Hetzer is cheaper. The difference is the Airfix kit doesn't include the masks for the camo. Everything else is identical and it does build up very nicely...

and I'm quite certain JR and the Committee are standing by in the wings, waiting for this to come over the finish line!
No Rick, only the SPCA will be in on this. It appears Mr. Smiff had cut the tips off poor Cohan's claws. He made Cohan walk through paint, put on some dastardly music, and then made poor Cohan dance all over the Hetzer to achieve the ambush dot camo effect. He should be arrested..............

Now to you Mr. Smiff...................Great looking Hetzer Andy!!! Love the camo and I'm glad the kit built up (like I said) nice and easy, with a great fit too!!! If I might suggest, I do hope you knock the shine off the finish a little with the weathering....And the tracks weren't all that bad, now were they Buddy!!!...

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Alan, you might want to see if the Airfix re-box kit of this Hetzer is cheaper. The difference is the Airfix kit doesn't include the masks for the camo. Everything else is identical and it does build up very nicely...

No Rick, only the SPCA will be in on this. It appears Mr. Smiff had cut the tips off poor Cohan's claws. He made Cohan walk through paint, put on some dastardly music, and then made poor Cohan dance all over the Hetzer to achieve the ambush dot camo effect. He should be arrested..............

Now to you Mr. Smiff...................Great looking Hetzer Andy!!! Love the camo and I'm glad the kit built up (like I said) nice and easy, with a great fit too!!! If I might suggest, I do hope you knock the shine off the finish a little with the weathering....And the tracks weren't all that bad, now were they Buddy!!!...

Prost
Allen
Allen,calm down mate..I did say it was still a WIP at that time ;)
.... the finishing touches have been applied, not to mention the last few components. :smiling3:
pictures hard to get decent at the moment, the lighting in here is playing up,but I'll get SOME up tomorrow :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy .
Can we have a photo of Mr Cohan , just to check that he indeed still has all his claws .
That's one camo pattern , must have taken some time .
Well Mr.Race I'm afraid Cohan has gone to bed! :sad:
He's very particular about when to sleep and when to take part,(he LOVES the previous!! ;) )
But here he is in his favourite "going to sleep" hammock just a few minutes ago...
IMG20230313215742.jpg
Looks tiny there eh?... In actual fact he's 16" long from nose to tail ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank you Andy .
He's a fine looking specimen. I see he still has his claws thank goodness :nerd:

Love to Rach .

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you Andy .
He's a fine looking specimen. I see he still has his claws thank goodness :nerd:

Love to Rach .
Yes he does mate :smiling3:
... And all of our best to yourself and Christine buddy... Will yo be coming down our way again any time soon?!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes he does mate :smiling3:
... And all of our best to yourself and Christine buddy... Will yo be coming down our way again any time soon?!
There's a good chance Andy, Tom our grandson has just bought a house and has offered to come up and fetch us . Will let you know more if it comes off .Would be great to meet up again with you and Rach .

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
There's a good chance Andy, Tom our grandson has just bought a house and has offered to come up and fetch us . Will let you know more if it comes off .Would be great to meet up again with you and Rach .
Most definitely Sir,
Would be Superb to see you both again ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well Mr.Race I'm afraid Cohan has gone to bed! :sad:
He's very particular about when to sleep and when to take part,(he LOVES the previous!! ;) )
But here he is in his favourite "going to sleep" hammock just a few minutes ago...
View attachment 476833
Looks tiny there eh?... In actual fact he's 16" long from nose to tail ;)
Nice Camo on the lizard Smiffy....what scale is he? ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ok then Chaps,
I've had enough of trying to get some decent pics done,(some that actually represent what it actually looks like!!),so these will have to do :sad:
IMG20230314153341.jpg
IMG20230314153012.jpg
IMG20230314153255.jpg
IMG20230314153002.jpg
IMG20230314153108.jpg
IMG20230314153325.jpg
It's been a great kit to do,and as I've said many times, I'd totally recommend it :smiling3:
I'm sure you all could make a better job of it than I have,but I'm fairly happy,and it's been a good testing ground for a few things that I don't have a lot of experience in ;)
..... As an aside,my last two AFV builds have both been Tank destroyers... A Canadian Achilles and this German Hetzer,both of which would've fronted up after Normandy, here's a quick pic of the difference in size between the two......
IMG20230314155638.jpg
Quite amazing in my mind!!
Thanks ALL for your thoughts and comments, and even just for looking in :smiling3:
Cheers,
Andy

Attachments

• IMG20230314153255.jpg
    IMG20230314153255.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG20230314152950.jpg
    IMG20230314152950.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 5

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
the difference in size between the two......
IMG20230314155638.jpg

Well, what did you expect if one of the two is American? ;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Ok then Chaps,
I've had enough of trying to get some decent pics done,(some that actually represent what it actually looks like!!),so these will have to do :sad:
View attachment 476864
View attachment 476865
View attachment 476871
View attachment 476872
View attachment 476868
View attachment 476869
It's been a great kit to do,and as I've said many times, I'd totally recommend it :smiling3:
I'm sure you all could make a better job of it than I have,but I'm fairly happy,and it's been a good testing ground for a few things that I don't have a lot of experience in ;)
..... As an aside,my last two AFV builds have both been Tank destroyers... A Canadian Achilles and this German Hetzer,both of which would've fronted up after Normandy, here's a quick pic of the difference in size between the two......
View attachment 476870
Thanks ALL for your thoughts and comments, and even just for looking in :smiling3:
Cheers,
Andy
Every time I see updates on this I’m very tempted to pull the trigger on the 1/72 Italeri one Mr. Smiff fine job there.