My Daughter Lucy's Airfix Rally Cars (First Build)

D

dougie

Thank you for the nice comments, they make me happy :smiling3: .

Tonight we glued the back of the wheels on and sanded them for daddy to prime (and daddy scribed the body lines!!). Tomorrow I will paint them.

On Saturday I will be going to the model show in Perth with Daddy to see if there is any star wars and star trek models for mummy! :rolleyes:

View media item 8298

D

Deleted member 3568

Good job on fiddly bits, glad to see you are doing things properly, always a good thing to do.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
It's coming along really well Lucy. I'm enjoying watching this and I can't wait to see some more. But don't be rushing it, take your time and you'll end up with a great model.

D

dougie

\ said:
It's coming along really well Lucy. I'm enjoying watching this and I can't wait to see some more. But don't be rushing it, take your time and you'll end up with a great model.
She has really enjoyed the comments guys, thanks.

It has been hard to keep her interested past maybe 10 mins a time, she starts off good but like me as a kid gets distracted and then rushes a bit but I don't want to get frustrated and put her off. I know when it comes together a bit she will become more interested.

Again, thanks for helping motivate her ;)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is fantastic Lucy. You are doing really well at that. Make sure when daddy does some of it he does it properly. We don't want him going and messing it up do we. Keep a close eye on him. :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

You keep at it girl love the colour, I agree keep a close eye on daddy don't want him taking any short cuts do we.

First Name
barry
Nice work Lucy ,...good to see some youngsters geting into modeling my grand daughters same age as Lucy and she loves making models with playdoe must get her on to kits.

First Name
Robert
Fantastic Lucy your so lucky and very clever too, don't let your dad do any you take your time your doing fantastic

Regards

Robert

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice Car(s) you have got there Lucy. Make sure daddy doesn't interfere to much ( impossible, trust me I Know!!) :D :D

D

dougie

\ said:
Nice work Lucy ,...good to see some youngsters geting into modeling my grand daughters same age as Lucy and she loves making models with playdoe must get her on to kits.
I love playdoh! Its all squidgy and doughy :P

\ said:
Fantastic Lucy your so lucky and very clever too, don't let your dad do any you take your time your doing fantastic
Regards

Daddy is only getting to help with the hard bits!

Robert
\ said:
Very nice Car(s) you have got there Lucy. Make sure daddy doesn't interfere to much ( impossible, trust me I Know!!) :D :D
(I'm trying my best not to interfere but yes its really hard haha - at least I have got to spray paint bits!)

Daddy helped me mask the body and I painted the black bits:

View media item 8315

Daddy had to spray the nasty shiny paint:

View media item 8318View media item 8317View media item 8316

This morning we tried to put a few stickers on the body and the wheels. It was really hard and we had to work as a team to move them about! I put the special stuff on to make them soft and brush them with the brush.

View media item 8319View media item 8320View media item 8321

D

Deleted member 3568

great work there lucy I know how tricky those stikers can be I built this kit a little while ago you've done a great job on a very hard part of the kit.

D

dougie

\ said:
great work there lucy I know how tricky those stikers can be I built this kit a little while ago you've done a great job on a very hard part of the kit.
**The bonnet decals seem to be a slightly bad fit, there is no cut out for the badge so you have to leave a gap at the bottom and the top stripes don't quite run off the back of the bonnet. She did well helping place them on, I did have to help with the final alignment but Lucy put the micro sol/set on and then I used the hair drier on them. They are excellent decals to use though, easily better than the last lot of Tamiya ones I just did which were murder.

I will let Lucy do nearly all of the mini when we get on to that, she is getting better all the time, I hope that by making sure the body looks good on this it will spur her on to put a lot of effort into the next one!**

D

dougie

I have done more stickers and glued on some bits.

**believe it or not lucy did the white line around the rear light, the little badge beside it, the ford badge on the wing, the writing on the 'A' pillar and the Ford badge on the rear bumper. She also made a good stab at the rear bumper decal but that was a total nightmare -she got it on but I had to settle it in place. All I did was line the decals up and she pushed them on the body, I then let her push them about until I said they were ok - she is very happy and I was amazed at how well she did. I will be giving her less and less help as we go!**

View media item 8322View media item 8323View media item 8324