Peter's Polar lights 1/350 Uss Enterprise -A and full lighting kit

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH Great then Peter im now busy lookin at tomcat builds on utube for ideas an such an got to order my 2 mm blue leds as im not sure if i have the right colours so will be a while doin my reseach an im really glad you are goin to finish off the enterprise but be carefull an make a strong fixin in the dorsal or neck to take the massive wheight of that saucer primary hull
good luck an i'll be watchin this magnificent model come togeather
ATB
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH GREAT Peter love to see you finish her as i dint think you was goin to i'll be followin along im really happy you are back on this sir now keep it comein an havnt you got a battery power checker ?
chrisb

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
DISASTER whilst picking it up to do more work I dropped the little so and so it's getting to the point where I am going to be ditch the lighting as seems to be a pain in the bottom but I have ordered another kit and lighting I will persist and try and finish it even if I don't do the lighting but I will try. IMG_20240318_151458.jpg
But I have put the neck lighting in. IMG_20240317_105612.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
oh dear Peter carefull how you drill in case the wires get cought a drill bit
chrisb

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have made up some new pins and drilled new holes I will leave it a day or so to harden and the I will attempt to rejoin the nacelleIMG_20240326_085546.jpgIMG_20240326_085553.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ouch! I bet the air was rather blue when that hit the floor! Glad to see that it is a fairly easy fix and that you are well on the way back to attaching the saucer to the rest of the ship. Otherwise there is always that event where the saucer was detached and crash landed!
I do look forward to seeing this completed though.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Ouch! I bet the air was rather blue when that hit the floor! Glad to see that it is a fairly easy fix and that you are well on the way back to attaching the saucer to the rest of the ship. Otherwise there is always that event where the saucer was detached and crash landed!
I do look forward to seeing this completed though.
HI Ian just to say it was not the saucer that broke off but a engine nacelle as i dont think peter had fitted on the saucer yet as i have built this kit an it was a very good fittin kit
ATB
chrisb

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have now managed to get the errant nacelle glued back on but I was left with a large gap witch I glued some 2mm rod into a leave for another couple of days to harden IMG_20240328_092519.jpgIMG_20240328_092533.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I have now managed to get the errant nacelle glued back on but I was left with a large gap witch I glued some 2mm rod into a leave for another couple of days to harden View attachment 505222View attachment 505223
HI Peter you say you had a large gap near the naccle when fitted to the pylon i cant understand that as my kit fitted great an i dint hardly have to use any filler very weird that an i love this kit an if you really like S/T like i do then go for
MR SCOTTS guide to the ENTERPRISE a an well worth it as yes i know its only fansaty but how the book is laid out tellin you all about the ship as i bought mine 20 odd yrs ago but i have seen them still in W H Smith shop
chrisb

Last edited:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
HI Peter you say you had a large gap near the naccle when fitted to the pylon i cant understand that as my kit fitted great an i dint hardly have to use any filler very weird that an i love this kit an if you really like S/T like i do then go for
MR SCOTTS guide to the ENTERPRISE a an well worth it as yes i know its only fansaty but how the book is laid out tellin you all about the ship as i bought mine 20 odd yrs ago but i have seen them still in W H Smith shop
chrisb
I probably got the gap two ways I first I may have rushed a bit and the second because the I taken it off and reglued so many times it doesn't line up very well anymore

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I probably got the gap two ways I first I may have rushed a bit and the second because the I taken it off and reglued so many times it doesn't line up very well anymore
EXSCUSE ME Peter but im a bit confused here why did you remove it several times dint you dry fit it firstly ? as when i did mine then i just plugged in the 20 pin eletric plug for the led 's an gluded it maybe i just got lucky with a good fit kit then but you keep on tryin as when done this is a cracker of a model
chrisb

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Good news I am back on this until its finished as all problems have been solved.
At the moment I am currently wiring in the light's for the saucer having a new work area helps but it's taking a bit of getting used to. IMG_20240417_181907.jpg

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
More wiring installed and the circuit board that controls all the flashing lights in the saucer I know it looks a mess but hopefully it should all work if I have followed the instructions correctly. IMG_20240420_152703.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks like an explosion in a pasta factory. But if it works, it works.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter that wirein looks ok to me as when the saucer is joined up the wires wont be seen will they so no probs very well done my freind