Phils' Dragon Me262A-1/U4

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
A little progress tonight, whilst searching for my thread I came across someone who posted about their 262 build in 2010 and explained how dire it was which brought me a little comfort

Good to get some colour down, have been experimenting with thinning the Vallejo model air, so far I have found it works really well and helps keep detail and build up colours slower.

Comments good or bad would be appreciated as usual

Cheers

Phil

View attachment 118219

View attachment 118220

View attachment 118221

View attachment 118222

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
"Slowly catchy monkey", coming along very nicely. :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looking good the pre shading is spot on

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Some more colour down. It felt as thought the RLM 81 was going down really nice and I built the colour slowly in about three or four passes. When I removed the tape, although I was happy with the lines I feel as though there is a little too much contrast.

You may be able to see that I have gone to work and finished sanding and buffing the right side of the plane, it's helped a little with the contrast but not sure what to do to make it better.

Maybe weathering at the end will help, I was going to finish with klear at the end but am now wondering if a Matt varnish would be better especially in dulling and blending a little, what do you think guys?

Phil

View attachment 118398

View attachment 118399

View attachment 118400

View attachment 118401

View attachment 118402

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
That is a serious "nose job"!!:eek:

What does the pilot do when he runs out of ammo, impale them with his "lance"?o_O

All joking asside, looking good! :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looking real good can't wait to see the finished item

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Now I have finished the Martlet and I have a replacement cockpit canopy it's time to finish the me262. Just prepping and building the landing gears has taken a couple of hours sawing, sanding and gluing. Working out where suspension brace goes on the front leg due to dragons wrong instructions then shaping to fit, and hole filling and drilling on the eduard brassin wheels because the closest you can get for the kit is for a Tamiya kit and they aren't initially compatible.

Just more drama with this kit! But in a sadistic kind of way I like it, just let it be finished already!

image.jpeg

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Looking forward to see this one finished

The undercarriage looks great. Just don't forget to weather it a little, perhaps using a little wash to give it a grimy look

Great Job

John