Questions without answers --- unless you know better

P

peter22

Hi all

feel free to give answers or add new questions.

1] TV ads promote "kills 99.9% of germs/bacteria, what is the name of the 0.1% left alive?

2] In "Peter Pan" what was Capt. Hook's name before the croc. ate his hand?

3] How far does "Space go" and when it stops what's on the "Other side"?

peter

B

backonthecase

...and why is it called "outer space"? Where exactly is "inner space"? (and no-one quote from the movie, or they're getting reported to the moderators!! lol)

Same as outer Mongolia????

Stuart

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Number three has an "official" answer. The universe is finite,though I can't remember the figure. Outside that is nothing. I mean nothing. It's hard to grasp but there is no space and time hasn't started......nothing.

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Peter,

Yet more teasers! I don't know about number two, but isn't the answer to number one "Clarence"?

As for number three; I heard one theory about space being infinite - therefore there is no 'other side' - yet having boundaries 'cos it's curved or summat. It just gave me a headache thinking about it so I didn't pay that much attention. Didn't I read that some astronomers believe it's infinite on even numbered days and finite on odd numbered days - and admit they just don't know on Sundays?

My favourite author, Terry Pratchett, came up with a couple of very nice definitions of space:

Space - something with nothing in it.

Space - nothing with everything in it.

I'm babbling again! Time for bed.

Gern

P

peter22

Hi Dave

4] God created the universe,sun,moon,man etc. "started on Monday worked until Saturday" rested on Sunday, What did he do on the following Monday?

5] on the same theme, "How long did he spend in the planning stage"? + did he have planning permission?:fool:

Peter

F

Fenlander

What was intended to be put in space? In our house, it often heard, "Do we have a space for this?" So I presume God created space to keep Mrs God happy when she come home from the car boot sale with an 'object'.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What was the name of the first Zulu killed at Roukes Drift in the film 'Zulu' ?

Name the ship in 'Mutiny on the Bounty' ?

Why is the word dyslexia so difficult to spell?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
God created the universe,sun,moon,man etc. "started on Monday worked until Saturday" rested on Sunday, What did he do on the following Monday?
Peter,

Where did you get this "He" from?

Didn't you know God is female? That's why the universe is still changing - she's not happy with the decor! Now you know what she's been doing since the first week.

As for planning permission - since when did females EVER need permission?

Gern

PS I think novas were created just to give the universe a nice 'sparkly' look!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Answers to peters quiz 1. Lucky 2. capt hands 3. dont know, but i bet theres a starbucks there, cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
What do you call it when you click the end of a biro to make the pointy bit come out?

Can blind people be affraid of the dark?

When sheep cant sleep, what do they count?

What did they call GMT before Greenwhich existed?

I was eating chinese the other day and after finishing off the last prawn balls, I wondered: How big must those prawns be..... Sorry.

Why cant women ever put the seat UP after they have had a pee!?

Why does the cat allways come into my side of the bed at three in the morning but only when shes cold and wet?

I'll get my coat...

Ian M

P

peter22

Hi Ian

Excellent - you have truly entered into the spirit of the game LOL

Question - I used to be indecisive but now days I'm not so sure. is that another question?

For Ron - A question That I can answer "Name the ship in 'Mutiny on the Bounty' ?" could it be the Bounty? LOL:no1b:

Peter

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
What do you call it when you click the end of a biro to make the pointy bit come out?Can blind people be affraid of the dark?

When sheep cant sleep, what do they count?

What did they call GMT before Greenwhich existed?

I was eating chinese the other day and after finishing off the last prawn balls, I wondered: How big must those prawns be..... Sorry.

Why cant women ever put the seat UP after they have had a pee!?

Why does the cat allways come into my side of the bed at three in the morning but only when shes cold and wet?

I'll get my coat...

Ian M
Hi Ian,

Some obvious (but possibly wrong) answers:

Biro clicks are annoying

Only if they have nyctophobia - which would be a real b****r!

Sheep can't count!

Before Greenwich it was MT

Glad I don't have to catch prawns for a living!

To give men something to do.

Because she wants to get warm and dry without upsetting the person she REALLY loves! (The only time she will snuggle up to you when she is warm and dry is when you're already too hot - for the same reason.)

Gern

F

Fenlander

Dave, how come sheep cannot count? Is it a skill they lose as they age? After all, Gambolling Lambs are well known and to be good at that, you must need maths to a certain degree (Just remembered your profession.... should that be need maths or need math?????)

M

mjm34

\ said:
Hi IanExcellent - you have truly entered into the spirit of the game LOL

Question - I used to be indecisive but now days I'm not so sure. is that another question?

For Ron - A question That I can answer "Name the ship in 'Mutiny on the Bounty' ?" could it be the Bounty? LOL:no1b:

Peter
Correct! The ship was named after a chocolate confection.

Mike

M

mjm34

And one thats always puzzled me:

Why is abbreviation such a long word?

Oh! and how do you stick Teflon to a frying pan?

Mike

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
And one thats always puzzled me:Why is abbreviation such a long word?

Oh! and how do you stick Teflon to a frying pan?

Mike
Which of course reminds me of the poor Irish scientist. He almost won a Nobel Prize when he discovered the universal solvent - but unfortunately he couldn't find anything to keep it in! He almost won a second time when, during his search for something to keep his solvent in, he discovered the universal adhesive. He didn't win this time because he couldn't find a container he could get the stuff out of!

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Why does the modern day Army bother to camouflage it's vehicles, when every time you see them on the road they have their lights on?

AND, How come I have seen a Matrix sign on the road telling me that the signs are not working?

Gern and I will now get our coats on!!!!!

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice'?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why do they sterilise the needle for lethal injections?

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?

Why is the word dictionary in the dictionary?

Why did kamakazi pilots wear crash helmets?

Ron, can you get my coat while you're there mate!

John