Revell 1:32 Mk22 spitfire

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi paul , despite all the troubles youve had youve come out on top, great job! The paintwork looks excellent , perfect demarcation, what paints did you use ?, cheers tony

F

Ferrets Bueller

\ said:
Hi paul , despite all the troubles youve had youve come out on top, great job! The paintwork looks excellent , perfect demarcation, what paints did you use ?, cheers tony
This was my first model using tamiya paints (i usually only use vallejo) but found some of the vallejo colours didnt quite match what i needed so i have everything covered now with having both types.

I used xf20 for the underneath and xf82 and 83 for the top parts.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well that's brushed up nicely hasn't it? Well done,looking very nice. It shows what can be done with a bit of determination and elbow grease.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers for that paul , Ill remember that For when i do a grey/ green RAF scheme. I always liked the look of the last spits ,im really wanting one of these now (despite all the aggro!) but i fancy doing the silver painted version. Keep up the great work , hopefully the U/C legs will turn up !! Cheers tony

F

Ferrets Bueller

Haaa hoooooo its finished and i found my landing gear too.

Got some quick pics will get some better ones tomorrow. It aint no masterpeice but its ok for what how awful the kit was.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Paul, you can give your self a pat on the back and say well done.

You made a great job of it. I was going to order one today, but looks like Stona got the last one. So I will have to wait for the next delivery.

Ian M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice one Paul, I think it's turned out very well. I fancy doing RAT as well, just something about the obvious nick name seems to suit this model. With a bit of luck I'll get some paint on mine today.

Regards

Colin M....

K

kelvgood

nice exhaust colour, doing the same model myself the only problem is the fit between the wing and the body I have applied 3 lots of filler to try and smooth it out but still not happy!! apart from that great value paid £18 in hobbycraft 2 weeks ago and saw it this weekend for £16....

looking for a nice ME109 to go with it, any ideas?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
If you are after a decent late war 1/32nd Bf109 I'd go for one of the Hasegawa Gs or Ks. The cheapo 21st Century G can be made into a decent model too,it just needs a bit of work. Unfortunately these are all getting tricky to find.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well done Paul you've managed to squeeze a good result out of a somewhat mediocre starting point! You managed to beat it into shape and that's a cracking paint job.

Cheers

Steve