flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That is looking very good Colin, no hints of trouble in the photo.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
All's looking good Colin, great cockpit detail glad the canopy came through so you could continue with the build. I've left my wings detachable, makes life easier with spraying and decaling.

D

Deleted member 4539

This is looking great,can't wait for the painting. :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
That is looking very good Colin, no hints of trouble in the photo.
No there isn't is there. Primer, lovely stuff isn't it....

\ said:
I've left my wings detachable, makes life easier with spraying and decaling
I think if I did that, I would probably lose a wing. The carpet monster would be well fed.

So, just a bit more done. Primer,

Primer.JPG

And then, the top coat. Now this I have tried to vary the shade of grey used. This is a lightened shade of the final paint to be used. So, it will get a bit darker, but probably not much more. I would like to see more variation in the final top coat but I am very aware of going to far, like I normally do ! Even so, I'll probably try a bit more post shading tomorrow. Any comments or ideas on this before I go too far ?

Paint 1.JPG

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Looking good Colin, your a brave man to fit those aerial masts at this stage as they are so fragile I'm leaving mine right to the end along with the pitot tubes.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
your a brave man to fit those aerial masts
Yes I made a real school boy error there. The ones underneath are right in the way of the giant decals.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Don't worry I managed to snap off both of the trailing edge fuel jettison pipes early in the build I notice yours are still intact. By the way how deep is your carpet only a wing is a large part to misplace ;)

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Glad its back on track lady colin, i hope this kit starts behaving itself now and gives you a bit of relief
What's all this "lady" stuff? Have we got a second woman on this forum?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Don't get your hopes up Steve, there is only the one woman on this forum. Lady Colin, comes from my misinterpretation of a post on this thread further back.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's painted. Vallejo 'Dark blue Grey' looks just about perfect for the job and with a big dollop of 'medium retarder' in the mix didn't give me any problems. This vast expanse of dark grey looks a little depressing at first, but there are loads of decals to go on which will break it up nicely.

Why are the engines separate ? As I was waiting for some replacement parts from Revell, I built a lot of sub assemblies. Hence engines, landing gear etc were all completed in advance.

Paint and gloss.JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great Colin , seeing it now you would think butter wouldnt melt in its mouth !! theres no sign of the massive problems its given you so far , its even making me want one again!! cheers lady tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Looking great Colin , seeing it now you would think butter wouldnt melt in its mouth !! theres no sign of the massive problems its given you so far , its even making me want one again!! cheers lady tony
With half the decals in place I'm in a better place now ! She is forgiven, and is actually looking quite nice.......

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Looking good Colin, nice to see the paint has gone down well props are looking good too. The decals make a real difference, all 135 of them, but the prop ones do make you a little boss eyed. I used Vallejo dark sea grey but yours looks the part. I think we're on the final hurdle now I'll be glad when mines off the bench.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice paint job Colin, it's coming to life now.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking good Colin, nice to see the paint has gone down well props are looking good too. The decals make a real difference, all 135 of them, but the prop ones do make you a little boss eyed. I used Vallejo dark sea grey but yours looks the part. I think we're on the final hurdle now I'll be glad when mines off the bench.

I've used Vallejo 70867 Dark blue grey, which compares really well with H123, the paint I would normally use. Decals are finished, I think.

F

Fenlander

You are right but then again, I have always thought a model comes to life when the decals go on.

D

Deleted member 4539

I do like the way this is coming along.

keep up the great work.