Revell new U Boat type XXI

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
It's about time I dragged myself back to a debris and dust covered desk!

Need to get the old mojo sorted, so hopefully a quick straight forward build.

So a new release by Revell of the famous late WW11 U Boat type XXI. A very advanced submarine, which had it been used in 1943 could have done some very serious damage to the Atlantic convoys.

20220927_112820.jpg
Only 2 sprues but typical Revell both packed together.
20220928_131707.jpg20220928_131653.jpg20220928_131643.jpg
The detail looks very good and for the sake of my sanity I am not opening the many vents! Instructions are poor, no colour and cheap looking
20220928_131741.jpg

Will use Mr color lacquer paints, I have spare tins to use up so no totally accurate!

Bob

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI BOYO its great to see you back at the bench building something an hopefully over this such a horrible year now go on an enjoy your self on this sub or as Mck said a , submersible Stug LOL:rolling:;):smiling6: ENJOY BOYO
chrisb

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Nice looking kit Bob, submersible Stug
Cracking description lol
HI BOYO its great to see you back at the bench building something an hopefully over this such a horrible year now go on an enjoy your self on this sub or as Mck said a , submersible Stug LOL:rolling:;):smiling6: ENJOY BOYO
chrisb
Thanks Chris, 2023 cannot come quickly enough!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Shock, horror, i found the bench!!!!! It was under, dust, dirt and had to get archaeologist to carry out a dig!

Not many bits so using this as I back to action build! Thought this was a new kit but, on the inside of the hull is 1992, plus under the deck are pipes etc so its the see through kit altered me thinks??

Bit of flash and fit issues in places, but nice and quick

20221011_140337.jpg
20221011_140321.jpg
So front dive planes and rudder added, leaving the glue to set before removing the tape and finishing the glueing.

Will do the conning tower or sail on its own, the hole underneath will be ideal as a place to put a rod of sorts so i can spray it

And the answer to many a question, what's the first thing to be ruined in the modelling room???

Yes you guessed it a sinking boat thing

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Shock, horror, i found the bench!!!!! It was under, dust, dirt and had to get archaeologist to carry out a dig!

Not many bits so using this as I back to action build! Thought this was a new kit but, on the inside of the hull is 1992, plus under the deck are pipes etc so its the see through kit altered me thinks??

Bit of flash and fit issues in places, but nice and quick

View attachment 464916
View attachment 464917
So front dive planes and rudder added, leaving the glue to set before removing the tape and finishing the glueing.

Will do the conning tower or sail on its own, the hole underneath will be ideal as a place to put a rod of sorts so i can spray it

And the answer to many a question, what's the first thing to be ruined in the modelling room???

Yes you guessed it a sinking boat thing
HI BOYO great to see you back in action :thinking: an did the archaeologist to carry out a dig! find many stug skeltons or KGV bones UNDER all that muck lol :rolling:;):smiling::smiling::smiling:an how did u manage to ruin that sinkin thing ?
CRISB

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Good to see this started. Bigger than I thought.
Thanks Jim, it's about 54cm and I agree it's a bit bigger than I thought it would be!
HI BOYO great to see you back in action :thinking: an did the archaeologist to carry out a dig! find many stug skeltons or KGV bones UNDER all that muck lol :rolling:;):smiling::smiling::smiling:an how did u manage to ruin that sinkin thing ?
CRISB
Yes, under all the cr*p found 2 14inch guns, barrel of rum and a picture of Nelson??

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen

Oh 'Admiral' Bob.............You have definitely gone over to the Floaty side...I had hoped you would have seen my post in the Latest Acquisitions (halfway down page 89) and had different thoughts on a build. I realize you started this before the new workplace was done and were working in your old habitat. With that wonderful new shop, I had hoped to see at least one StuG on the new bench Buddy!!!..

Prost
Allen

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Oh 'Admiral' Bob.............You have definitely gone over to the Floaty side...I had hoped you would have seen my post in the Latest Acquisitions (halfway down page 89) and had different thoughts on a build. I realize you started this before the new workplace was done and were working in your old habitat. With that wonderful new shop, I had hoped to see at least one StuG on the new bench Buddy!!!..

Prost
Allen
Just seen your post well done sir. Never fear starting to get the AFV modeller accessories for my 1/16 StuG. Santa is also getting me AFV StuG stuff!
That's after I have finished the sub and KGV