Revell new U Boat type XXI

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That's coming along real nice 'Admiral' Bob!!! Great help from the guys here as seams are always a PITA and hard to get smooth. The only advice I can give on this matter is............

Build a Stug...No seams, so no probs Buddy!!!.......Just a thought...............

Prost
Allen

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's coming along real nice 'Admiral' Bob!!! Great help from the guys here as seams are always a PITA and hard to get smooth. The only advice I can give on this matter is............

Build a Stug...No seams, so no probs Buddy!!!.......Just a thought...............

Prost
Allen
Loadsa seams, just call 'em welds and don't file 'em flat! Ask Bob if he's still on board! (Pardon the pun!)
Steve

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
All looking very nice mate. Sounds like a great work place.
Cheers Paul!

Prost
Allen
Wait for it, wait for it sir, never fear there's a StuG on the way!!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
The session started not to well, how you ask??

Collected the airbrush, masking tape, paint etc. Opened the modelling room switched on compressor and connected airbrush then started to mix Mr color. Thought the compressors taking its time, nothing my luck its decided to pack it in!! Then corner of my eye noticed the moisture drain plug on the bench!!!!!!!!!

So off we go again, again not the correct colour. Masked the upper grey and sprayed dark grey to the lower hull

20221025_144341.jpg
Very pleased with the masking effort but a few areas show were I did not spray the lighter grey down the hull enough.

I am not going to try to repair these, I am just happy to be back at the bench and delighted with the new room, for me money well spent.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Used a fine point pen to hopefully show the vent holes?
20221027_133833.jpg20221027_133825.jpg20221027_133805.jpg
A pen was the only way I could think off colouring them in, using a brush would have got me on the phone to the samaritans!!

Some may need redoing once dry