Scotties Spad Xlll

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is a first on so many levels. It is a commission build for a neighbour who has asked me to build it on behalf of her late husband. It is a biplane and a wingy thing which is well out of my comfort zone.

DSCF3693.JPG

This will be build out of the box but I might try and do the rigging.

I won't insult the plane builders by blogging this but I will be asking questions along the way.

cheers
Scottie

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
This is a first on so many levels. It is a commission build for a neighbour who has asked me to build it on behalf of her late husband. It is a biplane and a wingy thing which is well out of my comfort zone.

View attachment 473127

This will be build out of the box but I might try and do the rigging.

I won't insult the plane builders by blogging this but I will be asking questions along the way.

cheers
Scottie
Oh, I'm most definitely "IN" for this one Scottie!! :smiling3:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Ah go on Paul, how can it be an insult to plane builders.
I'm sure we can all learn from your own learning experience (although I doubt you'll have any trouble at all)
and who's to say your armour-oriented take on wingy things won't be a new way of looking at things?
Pretty Please!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
You'll be fine. Eduard produce great bi-plane kits.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Blog it buddy, I’m sure you will nail it

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Oh, I'm most definitely "IN" for this one Scottie!! :smiling3:
Please blog Scottie..... If only so I can learn along with you!

ATB.

Andrew
Ah go on Paul, how can it be an insult to plane builders.
I'm sure we can all learn from your own learning experience (although I doubt you'll have any trouble at all)
and who's to say your armour-oriented take on wingy things won't be a new way of looking at things?
Pretty Please!
Yeah go on blog it, youll do a fine job of it no doubt.
Blog, blog, blog ... !:smiling:
You'll be fine. Eduard produce great bi-plane kits.
Blog it buddy, I’m sure you will nail it
Thank you gents for the interest. I will blog it but please remember I am not a wingy person so please point out things I should be aware of .

cheers
Scottie

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thank you gents for the interest. I will blog it but please remember I am not a wingy person so please point out things I should be aware of .

cheers
Scottie
Great news!! I'm not one either - even allowing for the recently completed Mossie - so will be learning with you!

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy if this turns as well as your mossie I will be well happy.
Thank you, I very much appreciate that but I'm still not a wingy man yet! Good luck with the build!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Scottie...a bi-plane has a top wing and bottom wing.:smiling6: :tears-of-joy:...wheres my coat?
Blog it pal... we won't take offense. :tears-of-joy: You'll find out it's no different than building armour except for lots more sanding, filling, masking, aligning, decaling and in this case rigging...oh bugger.
It's easy peezy bro.

Cheers,
Wabble

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks for the heads up mate.
Mate, don‘t get put off. It’s just putting plastic together in the right order and painting it the right colour, like any other kit. If you can lace spoked wheels you can nail rigging no danger….just think ahead so that any holes you need are there when you need them.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mate, don‘t get put off. It’s just putting plastic together in the right order and painting it the right colour, like any other kit. If you can lace spoked wheels you can nail rigging no danger….just think ahead so that any holes you need are there when you need them.
Thanks for that mate The instructions do give a reference for the rigging, I will have to study it carefully.