Scotties Spad Xlll

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not a lot done engine is started and the instrument panel.

I am impressed with the Eduard plastic and the details everything goes together very nicely so far.

I still need to add the pin wash .

DSCF3695.JPG

DSCF3696.JPG

I tried to get a wood effect on the dash. I painted the dials brass then added the PE dial faces then sealed them with gloss varnish.

Any suggestions from the wingy guys I would love to hear them.

cheers
Scottie

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Usual quality Paul and a very interesting build

Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard

I am impressed with the Eduard plastic and the details everything goes together very nicely so far.

View attachment 473533

View attachment 473535

I tried to get a wood effect on the dash. I painted the dials brass then added the PE dial faces then sealed them with gloss varnish.

cheers
Scottie
Scottie, it's the detailed grundgy weathering of the dashboard that the wingy guys often can't do. You've done it realistically. I like the brass work.

Cheers,
Wabble

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil

View attachment 473533

View attachment 473535

cheers
Scottie
I knew it - brilliant!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice start Scottie. The dash is particularly effective.
Thanks Jim.
Usual quality Paul and a very interesting build
Cheers Bob.
Looks like wood & brass to me, nice.
Thanks Paul still a pin wash to do.
How did I miss this. Definitely one to watch :smiling:
Cheers Mick, It is so easy to miss builds on here with the amount of quality builds going on.
So far so good.
Thanks Mark hope my luck holds.
Scottie, it's the detailed grundgy weathering of the dashboard that the wingy guys often can't do. You've done it realistically. I like the brass work.

Cheers,
Wabble
Cheers Richard it's hard to know what is right when you don't normally build these.
I knew it - brilliant!
Neil to kind Sir.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Your neighbor is in for a treat when you present her with this Paul .
Great start and only to get better .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nice start!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Bro,

The wing thingy is looking real good Paul!!! I love your work on the IP with the glass looking instruments. very realistic. Something puzzles me though Paul......

If you are building an Albatros D.III, why is your thread title for a Spad XIII???...............Been nipping the Sherry again Buddy???...

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Morn Bro,

The wing thingy is looking real good Paul!!! I love your work on the IP with the glass looking instruments. very realistic. Something puzzles me though Paul......

If you are building an Albatros D.III, why is your thread title for a Spad XIII???...............Been nipping the Sherry again Buddy???...

Prost
Allen
Thanks mate you are perfectly correct it is indeed an Albatros I will be seeking medical advice as soon as I can or changing my Sherry provider.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A question to the plane builders. What colour would the interior be? would it be a canvas colour or would the external paint colour leech through the fabric?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Paul,

From what I've seen and read up on, the interior of the cockpit would be a wood color, ie. Tamiya XF-59. If Eduard doesn't give you the details, go to scalemates and punch in 32047. It's the WnW's Albatross D.V (very similar) to yours. Scroll down and bring up the instructions. Use them for the coloring of the interior and all the little tidbits inside. You can cross reference the listed colors (mostly Tamiya and Humbrol) and use what you have O/H. The cockpits were made of wood and there wouldn't be any bleed through from the outside...

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks mate you are perfectly correct it is indeed an Albatros I will be seeking medical advice as soon as I can or changing my Sherry provider.
It's ok Bro! It just caught me out there. I looked at the instructions for your kit and saw at the very bottom there was colors for a Spad XIII, so it probably threw you off a little...It's all good, in fact, real good!!!