SD Kfz 222 (HobbyBoss) 1:35

S

sprayman

While Im waiting for my washes and the like of the BF 110 to dry, I realised I had nothing to do, so I thought I would start a build blog for the SD Kfz 222.Not built a 1:35 model in some time, and this kit has a full chassis,engine and interior, so I thought this should keep me busy.

I have only one book for ref,which is Schiffer Military History - German Light Reconnaissance Vehicles, so between this and the net, it will be my only source of info.

The 222 will be set in Libya 1941, as I wanted to get away from German grey for a bit, I will try and beat this tub up a bit and go for a well worn look.As always your company and input would be appreciated.

M

msm2

Looks really interesting Ray,will be following this very much so.

Tony..:astronaut:

S

sprayman

Good to have you aboard Tony, thanks for showing an interest. Been a hobbyboss virgin I hope it all goes together well.

M

msm2

Have a stack of HBs in the stash. One thing I have noticed with them the plastic can be soft at times,other than that they are really good.

Tony..

S

sprayman

I will keep an eye out for that Tony, Thanks. Have you been happy with the fit or should I expect a few niggles on the way.

F

Fenlander

This looks very interesting. Is there much opportunity to show engine detail when built Ray? I know the 1:48 T34 series they do with full interiors is almost heartbreaking to button them up as so little of it can be seen without a bit of ingenuity.

S

sprayman

In answer to your question Graham, some of the interior and engine can be made to be seen.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice choice, I will be watching this one. Inside gubbins; sounds good..

Look forwards to seing what you get out of the paint job. I do like old and battered! Hmm a bit like me!

I have only done Hobby boss aircraft in the past but they have not been a problem. Never noticed anything with the plastic being soft.

I have noticed it on SOME tamiya kits though.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Another master peice in the making, you guys bang these out real quick, Where do you keep them all?????????????????

Andy

S

sprayman

Many thanks for joining in guys.Hope to have the sub chassis to show tomorrow, still working on it.

S

sprayman

Been able to get some time in on this tub, started on some of the chassis, as this tub is going to be a well used and weathered 222, thought I would try and show this also in the engine bay, so attempted to make this area look tired and neglected.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi ray,just seen this one, great looking kit of a wicked subject. The work youve done on the chassis is excellent, its going to be a belter when its done, keep up the good work , cheers tony

G

gillieman

I did'nt realise that the Hobby boss models look so good, the instructions looks nice and clear to.

Well so far looks excellent.

S

sprayman

Many thanks guys, This kit is a real gem so far everything lines up, the chassis is a patience tester though.

F

Fenlander

As usual, another masterpiece in the making. What theatre are you doing this in Ray?