SD Kfz 222 (HobbyBoss) 1:35

S

sprayman

Thank you Graham, thinking of a simple dio ( still working on my 1:48 sheds for my BF 110 dio), Libya, just the 222 and a good old Kubel, I haven't made a Kubel in yonks. A basic setting 222 broke down (giving me the chance to open as many hatches as possible)and the Kubel trying to assist.

I would also like to do and add an abandoned Tily (after your build I was Inspired).

Many thanks Trey.

Last edited:
F

Fenlander

The Tilly in 1:35 is a good kit to do as abandoned as, unlike the 1:48, it has an engine. Have a look at 'Military in Scale' magazine, the cover is a superb abandoned in a back yard Tilly with a great article on it to. Superb model.

S

sprayman

Cheers Graham, I like the idea even more if its got an engine to show, it would make a nice in the background piece.

Last edited:
F

Fenlander

Sorry, forgot to post the link to the magazine site, at least you can see the cover

Military in Scale | Magazine - Contents... November 2010

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ray

Nice looking armoured car model you've got there. I'm looking forward to another quality build.

BTW, if I come across any more info/ref for you I will of course post the findings.

All the best mate

Paul

S

sprayman

Thanks Paul, any pics are of course welcome, :biggthumpup:

S

sprayman

A little update got my paint mixer bud to mix me some interior ivory white, and its a goodish close match to Elfenbein( and its a lot better than straight white), a quick dry fit to see how it looks and so far this kit is a sweet fit.

Last edited:
S

sprayman

Ok, had time to mucky the lower interior up for the old tub, and a few exhaust stains in the engine bay.Now on to the upper part and the gun. Thanks for looking everyone.

K

kellysands

OH yes! Simply fantastic weathering/wear effects there, inspirational work sprayman.

S

Sky Raider

Just catching up on this post and i am totaly amazed how you have mad this look so real Tony. Truely the work of a master. Will be watching this with great interest mate. Really well done, remarkable.

Andy

S

sprayman

Many thanks for the very kind words and support from you all, no real special skills here just a good mix of pastels, and oil mixes for the wash.... it all falls to luck how the pastel powders mix and look......lol

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi ray, absolutely stunning work mate, the interior looks totally real- brilliant! Keep it up ,5 stars on standby, cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats brilliant Ray. Totally abused and very used!

God only knows what the out side will look like.

Ian M

S

sprayman

Many thanks Ian, the outside will look alot worse, the old tub will be on her last legs.

S

sprayman

Well I thought now time was back on my side I would carry on with this old tub, and also give me the chance to try out my new camera I got from my daughters for Xmas, time to prep the body for sand damage ,chipping etc, so before I started thought it might be a good idea to try and show some sand wear on the desert yellow, by showing some german grey showing up, I hope this will be a nice base for my weather damage, so here is how she looks before I attack her with chips and wear.

Thanks for looking.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good to see this one again. I've just gone through the thread again and very good it is too. That body looks like it's on the original production line,very nice. Looking forward to seeing how you "mess it up". Hopefully we'll see before you head off to the land of the rising sun.

Cheers

Steve