Sd.Kfz.251/17

M

mobear

now you can tell this man works with old vehicles,the authenticity of the colouring is magnifique way way way out of my league a thing of beauty thnx for showing me this type of painting

cheers mobear

P

pneupack

This is blooming fantastic work mate, love this site some great work on it and this work is Top Class thanks for sharing you sure know how to bring plastic alive and well worn : ) OMG I hate you lol.......

:respect:

Robert

T

treyzx10r

Wow ! I'm at a loss for words ,great paint skills my friend!

S

sprayman

Your support and kind words are always appreciated, and I cant thank you guys enough....

@Andy, many thanks Andy, for the support.

@Ian, Thanks mate,lol... must admit I do like to beat the poor little sods up a bit

@Patrick, Thanks for the kind words, must agree with you, I doubt they would let them get in that condition, think I apply a touch of "over"artistic licence....lol

@Mobear, Thanks for the kind comments, and your right I do spend a lot of time looking at rust and the old and weathered under belly of the old cars.....now if only someone would bring a Tiger in for a respray....lol

@Robert...lol...cheers mate and thanks for the kind words.

@Trey, many thanks for the support and kind words mate.

Thanks again guys, this is why the support you get from this forum, makes it the best around.

Ray

M

mobear

you gonna change a tigers stripes to spots or what hahahahahahaha

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You can paint my car any time Ray.

Ian M

M

mobear

Ian it will look rusty and chipped after sprayman has finished with it lol

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I know and how cool would that be!!! If I ever had the money I would have me a Samba bus or an old (pre 60's) bubble and give him free reigns. One beaten up and rusted car, all nice and new....

Ray if you are reading this, dont panic, I live far to far away! lol.

Ian M

P

Polux

Hi Ray!

I don't know how to say... The paint Job is magnifique, superb!!

Regards

Polux

A

AJay

Ray, I don't think I've seen one of your builds before....this is great! The weathering effects are so convincing it's hard to make my brain register it's in fact - painted plastic! Loving it so far.

P.S. the in foil seat trick is excellent!

S

sprayman

Your all to kind, and thanks everyone for the very kind words indeed.

Well if you ever get that old Samba bus Ian M...let me know, never done a paint job on one....but the fun you could have with that old VW...now they could be plenty of room for artistic licence...lol.

Going to make a start on the tracks later, now this will be slow as they are individual links, but there are 2 parts per link....will get some pics up later of them...

Thanks again to all who have commented...cheers guys.

Ray

Last edited:
First Name
Aaron
I just found this, Sprayman fit work. Do you coat with future before you weather?

S

sprayman

I use an auto urethane matt finish before I put muck wash on, but I did for many years use Klear or Future to coat before a wash.

S

sprayman

Just a little update on this old tub, the body washes have now dried fully, and its had a mat coat fired on it to blend it all down.

In between time, I'm working on the gun for this kit.

Thanks for reading,

Ray

D

dubster72

You've pretty much cracked this one Ray! The washes have done their job & everything looks nicely tied in & natural.

A quality piece of work with plenty of excellent details to savour.

Patrick

M

mobear

sprayman that is one hell of a build, amazing,thnx for letting us see you do it

mobear

S

sprayman

Thanks so much Ole, appreciate the support.....should have a bit more character when the gun is complete.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is just amazing Ray.

Can I ask if you will be joining in the next SIG group build. Its right up your street.

A crashed, or abandoned build. Any subject matter, its just got to be bent, burned, rusted up or shot to sh...........ugar. I would just love to see what you could get out of the subject.

Ian M