Shenanigans 3: Tamiya mate and Willys Jeep

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
A simple scene but done superbly. I like the base just as it is.
Jim

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looked it up.

Tonto addressed the Lone Ranger as Kemo Sabe or more properly Ke-mo-sah-beh. Apparently it's from the Ojibwa gimoozaabi sometimes translated as 'Trusty Scout'.

I'll get me anorak........
Now I can't unremember Quantum Jump's song:

Pete

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The Lone Ranger got his name from his being the lone survivor of a massacre of a company of Texas Rangers by some bad white guys. Tonto came upon the scene and nursed him back to health. There was some other subtext to this that I no longer remember that led to his using silver bullets, but the pilot was better than the series as I recall. His sign off "Hi Ho Silver, Away" was especially corny.
I think your painting style is pretty cool and your use of media very well executed. PaulE

Reactions: JR

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
There was some other subtext to this that I no longer remember that led to his using silver bullets, but the pilot was better than the series as I recall.
Didn't he inherit a silver mine?

• Wow

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Looked it up.

Tonto addressed the Lone Ranger as Kemo Sabe or more properly Ke-mo-sah-beh. Apparently it's from the Ojibwa gimoozaabi sometimes translated as 'Trusty Scout'.

I'll get me anorak........
Peter, PMSL.......... It's my accent...... I'm from Devon.....:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:

Regards Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

• Haha

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Rick - I have ended up with a blinding headache after two days of painting 1/35 figures. I should have taken it easier, but there are a couple of bust commissions in the offing, and anyway I got a bit over-enthusiastic.

John - Thanks. The base is just a bit of Model Scene grass mat, but I was struck by the way the green in it off-set the colour of the vehicles and decided I liked the effect. I was looking at the M6 kit last night and it does seem a bit basic - the holstered carbines look like wooden crutches and there are release points all over the front of the radiator grill. It will need a lot of sorting out and quite a bit of extra stowage to deal with the problems.

Lee - Thank also. Perhaps I should explain the weed references for those not of a certain age and nationality. The two crew reminded me of 'Bill and Ben, the Flowerpot Men' a couple of puppet characters from a children's TV programme of the 1960s. They were mostly made of flowerpots, and lived in two larger pots, between which grew a plant called Little Weed. Little Weed woke up when the gardener went in for his lunch and Bill and Ben came out to play. They all talked a weirdly intelligable nonsense language and Little Weed used to shout 'Weeeeed!' all the time, especially when warning Bill and Ben that the gardener was on his way back. There was also a tortoise called Old Slowcoach. They don't make 'em like that any more!

View attachment 329005

Awwww! Makes me well-up.
I know a joke about Bill and Ben........ Bill and Ben were laying in bed one night........

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Peter,
Excellent build on two mediocre kits which have had new life breathed into them, well done.
Cheers, Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sorry Peter.