Shenanigans 3: Tamiya mate and Willys Jeep

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for that Tim. Dear old Peter Hawkins - what a talent. Funny how the programmes one fondly remembers are just very brief periods on TV history. I was of the right age for Noddy (I had a Noddy suit no less), Andy Pandy, Bill and Ben and the Woodentops, whilst being was too old for Camberwick Green, Trumpton when they came along. I loved Bleep and Booster, which was shown during Blue Peter.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It's like a trip down memory lane.
I can remember sitting on the floor watching some cowboy film, Tonto was an Indian , and they guy had beautifull white horse, was it Trigger. ? That must have been in the late 50s, of course in black and white, and on a great big tv with a small screen .
Over did the eyes it seems Peter. Do be careful.
John .

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi Peter,
Cracking finish to the vehicles. Simple the base maybe but it really works....... love it. Sometimes less is always more....

Looking forward to your next endevour.....

Cheers Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

It was the Lone Ranger and his horse was Silver. Hence the old joke "What's the closest thing to Silver?......... The Lone Ranger's bum.."

John

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter,
A cracking result all round. You can't say you don't suffer for your art. Hope the headaches were not to bad.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Very nice.

your style translates to this smaller scale very nicely. The change in scale must be giving your eyes a bit of a work out!

Peter

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Super stuff......really clean finish which makes the detail stand out...

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
WOW superb scene.... so crisp so neat.... well done

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If you add a heap of ammunition in each of the empty corners of the base, this looks just like a good old Verlinden diorama from the 1980s :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 6559

Very many thanks chaps.

Jakko - I'll take that as a complement! When I gave up modelling as a teenager in the 1970s, Verlinden was becoming all the rage. I assumed the same rules applied when I returned to modelling thirty five-odd years later, and started where I'd left off (not that I could come close to doing it then). I then discovered that people had taken up airbrushing and were talking about things like modulation, as well as there being weathering products available. As I prefer brush and paint......

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A PDiddy Special!! Unbelievable work Peter. I keep looking at the photos as there is so much detail and work gone into the finish. I appreciate you going through the ringer to get the figures done. They really are the DB's. An outstanding piece of model work. Well done sir:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks very much Steve. It's nowhere near your standard though.

I do like the way one can keep heaping on the detail - figures, stowage etc - as the thing needs it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Stunning piece Peter,
The troops are equally as good as the vehicles!
The whole scene is simple but it doesn’t need to be complicated when the paint work is as good as yours:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks you Si. It means a lot to have it praised by you armour people. I was going to jazz up the base with some extra grass, trees etc, but I don't think it needs it.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Jakko - I'll take that as a complement!
You’re welcome, though I really meant it more as an observation of the painting style, which reminds me of how models used to be painted before, as you say, modulation and that became all the rage. It was also a bit of a jab at Verlinden’s style of piling stuff in every corner of a diorama to avoid “empty” spaces, which you’ve rightly resisted doing here :smiling3:

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
It's like a trip down memory lane.
I can remember sitting on the floor watching some cowboy film, Tonto was an Indian , and they guy had beautifull white horse, was it Trigger. ? That must have been in the late 50s, of course in black and white, and on a great big tv with a small screen .
Over did the eyes it seems Peter. Do be careful.
John .
John, The Lone Ranger and Tonto... ( King o sabbie) Silver the white horse.....

Cheers Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Looked it up.

Tonto addressed the Lone Ranger as Kemo Sabe or more properly Ke-mo-sah-beh. Apparently it's from the Ojibwa gimoozaabi sometimes translated as 'Trusty Scout'.

I'll get me anorak........