Skif 1/35 KMBD T-55AK Tank (00225)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Sadly I must agree, Everyone has their own skill levels and experience but all ARE improving with time. As one who places great store in duplicating realism to the best of my meager abilities {am working on historical accuracy} and having access to a forum showing many examples of fine work from which to take inspiration from and loaded with members whom are more than willing to help in any way possible our fellow hobbyists, I just for the life of me can't fathom his reluctance to gain anything from it. If I seem too harsh, well maybe I am but I just don't see the dedication here. I would like nothing more than for him to start proving me wrong in future and as stated to him before I am only a few pecks away from any friendly advice he may seek as I'm sure we all are. Hoping I'm not misunderstood JIM

C

chris2681

Dear TJO. I am perfectly aware of the occasion that hulls may not fit together perfectly all the time. May I suggest using liquid Plastistruct glue in the future. Ive used it a few times to get hulls together and it always worked. I will leave the turret off and place a weight (in my case a rock I grabbed from the wifes garden) and place it on top of the hull and brush the plastistruct glue on the seems and leave it overnight. Trust me it works wonders and you wont have negative feedback next time. Hope this info helps.

Chris.

C

chris2681

\ said:
\ said:
Sadly I must agree, Everyone has their own skill levels and experience but all ARE improving with time. As one who places great store in duplicating realism to the best of my meager abilities {am working on historical accuracy} and having access to a forum showing many examples of fine work from which to take inspiration from and loaded with members whom are more than willing to help in any way possible our fellow hobbyists, I just for the life of me can't fathom his reluctance to gain anything from it. If I seem too harsh, well maybe I am but I just don't see the dedication here. I would like nothing more than for him to start proving me wrong in future and as stated to him before I am only a few pecks away from any friendly advice he may seek as I'm sure we all are. Hoping I'm not misunderstood JIM
Well gentlemen instead of only pointing out the flaws in his builds , lets just offer friendly advice on how to improve his next venture without expecting him to ask us for it. GOOD DAY TO YOU SIRS!!!!!

D

dubster72

\ said:
Well gentlemen instead of only pointing out the flaws in his builds , lets just offer friendly advice on how to improve his next venture without expecting him to ask us for it. GOOD DAY TO YOU SIRS!!!!!
Done that already on the 3 builds that he posted in here. But the guy never says anything & every tank looks almost identical to the previous one.

I guess he's happy with how they look!

T

Tibbs

Uh oh..... Was going to post my completed Bettle this weekend, as a first build its not without mistakes, some of which are quite visable, but really are down to inexperience, i have recieved some great advise on this forum which has helped no end and saved me from a lot more mistakes, but even with the advice given, it still takes a practiced hand to perfect it, which will only come with time and experience.

So although his tank might not be perfect, it still looks good to me, and puts a bit more experience under his belt.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Dear Son, odd that you would be so compassionate to others but see no problem raking you poor old doddering Pops over the coals at every opportunity, besides I mentioned no specific flaws, if he can't see them --- well I just don't know :sad:

D

dougie

Nah he does speak English and has other posts on other forums where he has replied.

TJO why don't you discuss the build?

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Nah he does speak English and has other posts on other forums where he has replied.
TJO why don't you discuss the build?
Really, we're ALL friendly here, though one may wonder at times :rolleyes: But the kettle soon cools down and we carry on! give us a ring won't you?

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Uh oh..... Was going to post my completed Bettle this weekend, as a first build its not without mistakes, some of which are quite visable, but really are down to inexperience, i have recieved some great advise on this forum which has helped no end and saved me from a lot more mistakes, but even with the advice given, it still takes a practiced hand to perfect it, which will only come with time and experience.
So although his tank might not be perfect, it still looks good to me, and puts a bit more experience under his belt.
Tibbs, we all know your one in a million . :smiling3: Your good naturedness out weighs any perceived shortcomings you may or may not have. I personally think you a fine modeler! but we can't get ANY feedback from him at all! Why be in a forum if you won't interact, good, bad or otherwise? o_O

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Someone famous once said "You can please some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't please ALL the people ALL the time" ;)

C

chris2681

\ said:
Dear Son, odd that you would be so compassionate to others but see no problem raking you poor old doddering Pops over the coals at every opportunity, besides I mentioned no specific flaws, if he can't see them --- well I just don't know :sad:
That's cause you stuff is REALLY sub par. As for my previous post, a don't know. He is the one spending his money on this kits (and we know their not exactly cheap by any means) and he is the one looking at them on his shelf. So if he is happy with the way they look and takes pleasure in buying and building them , who are we to say negative things to him about them. Im the type of guy who got into fist fights in high school with big jocks cause they were picking on someone smaller then them. I realize his builds may not meet our standards but if hes happy with them, we shouldn't rain on his parade.

D

dubster72

\ said:
So if he is happy with the way they look and takes pleasure in buying and building them , who are we to say negative things to him about them.I realize his builds may not meet our standards but if hes happy with them, we shouldn't rain on his parade.
So basically Chris, you're saying that criticism isn't allowed?

Frankly if someone posts pictures of a build with gross errors like this, it's incumbent on the viewer to point it out.

And as this particular guy has built about 8-10 examples of essentially the same kit, I have no problem with drawing his attention to his mistakes.

If this was someone's 1st build, I'd give

them a well done for their effort, but that's not the case here.

In all honesty, I think builds like this are something of an insult to all those people who spend hours building, filling, sanding & scratchbuilding to get their stuff just right.

Sometimes I wonder if chucking glue onto a bunch of kit parts would still merit a " great build " on this forum! Come on people, where's our pride, endeavour & freedom to speak our minds? Great countries were built on those qualities & tyranny always seeks to stifle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.