Spanner's Academy 1/72 Catalina PBY-5A, Maritime S.A.R.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wow! Thanks ever so much for all the most excellent comments, boys. :thumb2:

Allen. It would mean a lot of butchery to show it 'flying' or on water or even taking off from same. I don't know if I want to alter the model to such an extent. There again.......

Steve. Us brush 'ands must stick together for a simpler, less complicated, cheaper, more reliable, straight forward, old fashioned way of painting models. Gorrit? Who says we are a dying breed.......:tongue-out3:

Thanks again chaps.

Ron

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Dave, without your help I probably wouldn't have attempted this paint scheme, so thank you. :thumb2:

As for a display shelf, I don't have one, as once photographed, everything gets boxed and up in the loft they go......Waiting for my sons to sling out when I snuff it!

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Wow! Thanks ever so much for all the most excellent comments, boys. :thumb2:

Allen. It would mean a lot of butchery to show it 'flying' or on water or even taking off from same. I don't know if I want to alter the model to such an extent. There again.......

Steve. Us brush 'ands must stick together for a simpler, less complicated, cheaper, more reliable, straight forward, old fashioned way of painting models. Gorrit? Who says we are a dying breed.......:tongue-out3:

Thanks again chaps.

Ron
Amen to that Ron - we clearly are the select few!
Steve

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Great work indeed. That's turned beautifully as always.

As you say a very large plane..... Had always thought them to be much smaller, although in hindsight that's probably looking at the twin engined set up and making assumptions.

Again, great work.

ATB.

Andrew

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Just got caught up there, excellent.
I too thought of them as being smaller, have seen them in the flesh, but in the air with no frame of reference so must of been further away than I thought.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Amen to that Ron - we clearly are the select few!
Steve
You two are inseparable.....joined at the hips, if it weren't for figgers I'd have very little use for one of them hairy gadgets you two are always waving about! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2: :tongue-out2:......Not knocking yer style in the least, as I couldn't work in my scale figger painting without them.....but 1/72 airplanes etc. are Ginormous........to each his own!:tears-of-joy: PCO gents your work is phenomenal :thumb2:;)

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You two are inseparable.....joined at the hips, if it weren't for figgers I'd have very little use for one of them hairy gadgets you two are always waving about! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2: :tongue-out2:......Not knocking yer style in the least, as I couldn't work in my scale figger painting without them.....but 1/72 airplanes etc. are Ginormous........to each his own!:tears-of-joy: PCO gents your work is phenomenal :thumb2:;)
Why, thank you kindly kind Sir!
Steve