Special Hobby 1/48 Martin Maryland.

First Name
Dave
View attachment 85432

Done a bit more filling of fuselage seams this evening.And I glued the pilots canopy on after masking it.The forward canopy section isn't a very good fit.So I've glued it on with superglue gel and filled the gaps with the same stuff.I took the precaution of coating the transparency in Kleer before hand so the glue wouldn't fog the canopy.image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Some great work Dave, coming along really well.

Si:smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great stuff Dave

Lee :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking good Dave, but oh, masking canopies. I don't think I've ever done one without drawing blood. Sharp things those scalpels............

T

treyzx10r

Great fix on those canopy gaps Dave. I always get nervous working around clear parts!

First Name
Dave
Thanks Joe.And thanks Trey.You can see in the second pic that I've got some glue on the inside of the navigators glazing.Luckily it's in an area that will be painted over.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking very good, Dave, well done ;)

First Name
Dave
I'm still finding gaps to fill.And Ive reinstated some panel lines lost during sanding.Then I came to fit the engines.In true limited run kit style they are too big for the cowlings.So I thinned the cowlings with my motor tool and they still wouldn't fit.I had to sand the engine rocker covers down to finally get them to fit.I then fixed the engines to the wing with superglue gel.Whilst they were drying I taped the cowlings in place so I could make sure the prop shafts were in the centre of the cowling fronts.Finally I removed the cowlings,painted them aluminium inside,then glued them on.

View attachment 85781

View attachment 85782

View attachment 85783

View attachment 85784

View attachment 85785

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

dubster72

Excellent work Dave! I'm much more aware of the effort that goes into these builds now!

And canopy masking? You've made the most difficult job look easy!

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Excellent work Dave! I'm much more aware of the effort that goes into these builds now!And canopy masking? You've made the most difficult job look easy!
Thanks Patrick.Canopy masking isn't that difficult.I find the secret is to take your time and always use a new knife blade.And don't try to do it all in one session.

T

treyzx10r

Looking great Dave. These limited run kits can be challenging but the reward of subject matter off the beaten path like this one make it worth while.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Yes, very good work Dave. The extra work is rewarding but tiring I know, but it will be worth it.