T

tecdes

That will be large at 1/32.

Roman do you actually get any sleep ?

Laurie

V

Vajled

\ said:
That will be large at 1/32.Roman do you actually get any sleep ?

Laurie
yes I get some sleep, today from noon til 2PM :smiling3:

all last night was awake finishing an-2...

But I think today I will have day off

Cheers

Roman

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've made one of these along with several of the masochists who frequent this forum

Good luck! You will need it but I'm sure you will beat it.

Cheers

Steve

M

mobear

hey roman,i`m trying to get my pilots arms to move if you fugure out a way let me know,also there is a mk22 spitfire with the prefix CROS on the side which still flies today,which i`m changing mine to if i can find more decals,maybe you will beat me to it LOL

cheers mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Roman my man you are on a roll.

I too am sure you will whip this into shape, When your wife is finished whipping you into shape that is!!!

Ole, that Spitfire you mentioned, CR*S is a privatly owned Spit and the codes are the owners OWN so its not an airforce coded aircraft.

If you Google- TD248 spitfire - in pictures, you will get a mass of pictures of the Aircraft serial nr TD248 and all the schemes she has worn since restoration.

Ian M

M

mobear

good god you know way toooooo much ian though i think it looks awesome and keeps spits at the forefront of aviation of old

cheers ole aka mobear lol

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
I've made one of these along with several of the masochists who frequent this forumGood luck! You will need it but I'm sure you will beat it.

Cheers

Steve
Steve, did you get a shiver down your back when you saw Romans next build ????

Colin M...

V

Vajled

Engine is finished... only must fix little gaps what you will see on pictures like No 1 and 2...

Besides wash and drybrush all I have doned freehand with AB. I have used alclad colors... iron, burn iron, hotmetal red and blue, pale burnt iron and dark aluminium... black is revell mat enamel.

I have drilled holes in the exhaust, and all other is OOB... dont know What else I can put on engine?

What is proper color of cockpit interior? Of course revell instruction sheet gave mix of 3 color... Last spit I have painted in Revell: 32167 Greenish Gray?

Cheers

Roman

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cock pit grey green... Xtracylx do the best match

Humbrol mid green #101 might work but will need lightening.

Vallejo model color: Gunship green#895 is close but to green, might need a bit of grey likewise their Green day#886 is to yellow and will need a touch of Green.

I went the easy way and ordered the Xtracrylix from John.

White ensign have it in their colour coat range but is out of stock. Their stocks are a bit erratic in the winter as the mixing is done in a cold and drafty shed and the guy that matches the paints is both old and in ill health.....

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry its hard to say on a pc screen. It looks a bit dark but as I say hard to tell for sure. I know nothing about Revell's paints.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here's the colour revealed by the removal of a data plate on an unrestored air frame.

Cheers

Steve

V

Vajled

thx guys,

I think I'll have something very similar at home from paints...

Now I know witch tone of green is inside...

Thx again :smiling3:

Cheers

Roman

V

Vajled

I found at my paint stash this one... :smiling3: RAF INTERIOR GREEN Testors - 2062, I think this one will do the best :smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

That color looks good Roman ,think it will work fine. Looking forward to seeing more the engine is looking real nice!