Spitfire Mk. 22/24 (Revell, 1/32)

V

Vajled

I have tryed dry fit of wings and fuselage... I dont see any problem at all... alo this part who present joint of wing and fuselage... with little effort it also came along very nice... unfortenutlly u cant see it right now because I ahve try that with my fingers...

And engine is up on dry fit :smiling3:

And now along with my Miss. Maniqure Magic sander :P I stolen from my wife new ones... and seems they are great...

After sanding fuselage joint I see I dont need for any drop of putty

Cheers

Roman

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
And the nose looks straight.....nice one.

This was mine.

Resulting in this!

Before it submitted!

Cheers

Steve

V

Vajled

@Steve

I really dont know why the same model is different from person to person... I have same problems with my Revell RAFALE in 1/48. My friend was make it and no problems at all, but I had struggle with all possible joints...

I think is trick where are these models stored... maybe some source of heat deform plastic... how will know what is happening???

But I'm shure for one thing that you have nailed it pritty good :smiling3:

I have decide it that pilot dorr will be closed... but fit is terrible... to mutch gap on it... must do something there... how is your door fit?

Roman

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cant wait to see this one roman, what camo scheme are you going to do? Ive been wanting to see one of these in the silver scheme for ages, cheers tony

V

Vajled

\ said:
Cant wait to see this one roman, what camo scheme are you going to do? Ive been wanting to see one of these in the silver scheme for ages, cheers tony
Hmmm, silver one.... great idea... must see on net for references...

For now it will be standard RAF camo...

Do you have any pics of silver camo?

Roman

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The door fitted,just about :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The 1/48 scale kit from Eduard has a silver scheme I recall.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Found this if it's of interest Buy Xtradecal X32040 1:32 scale from Hannants. We sell Aircraft decals (military), models, decals, paints & books. Don't Know if you can find it locally.

Ian M

V

Vajled

\ said:
Found this if it's of interest Buy Xtradecal X32040 1:32 scale from Hannants. We sell Aircraft decals (military), models, decals, paints & books. Don't Know if you can find it locally.Ian M
Thx Ian,

I'm doubt it that I can find these locally :sad:

I will figure something out... or order this one or made letters by myself...

I have found this one, but is fro 1/48 :sad:

Roman

V

Vajled

Finally manage to glue it all together

7 parts of wings + fuselage...

After gluing with Tamiya extra thing I have used tehnick CA + baby powder for filling gaps and hardening joints...

Tomorow will do sanding :smiling3:

Roman

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats looking rather Good in'it

Ian M

M

mobear

where do you get your ideas from Roman?PVA glue yes i understand but talcum powder that is a new one for me lol

mobear

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Hmmm, silver one.... great idea... must see on net for references...For now it will be standard RAF camo...

Do you have any pics of silver camo?

Roman
80 Sqd in Hong Kong in the late 1940's had a mixture of camo and all silver spits . Heres a link to a few profiles WINGS PALETTE - Supermarine Spitfire - Great Britain Cheers tony

V

Vajled

\ said:
where do you get your ideas from Roman?PVA glue yes i understand but talcum powder that is a new one for me lolmobear
hehehe, I get that from youtube... Put CA glue on the gap... after that put talcum like you salt your soup... I mena thru fingers :sad: dont know better to explain... and after few seconds wipe talk off with brush :smiling3:

you will got great filled gap because CA react like cement for building houses or better say for joining bricks??? i think it says cement

When you sanding that away you will get little more job, but when is sanded looks like plastic :smiling3:

Roman

I found video... he use baking powder... same thing like talcum... booth will do :smiling3:

[video=youtube;5yY17r-hOlM]

V

Vajled

\ said:
80 Sqd in Hong Kong in the late 1940's had a mixture of camo and all silver spits . Heres a link to a few profiles WINGS PALETTE - Supermarine Spitfire - Great Britain Cheers tony
Thx Tony...

I didnt remember to look here on WP site :smiling3:

They look fabolous :smiling3:

Cheers

Roman

P.S.

This one is also cool choice... last country where I was working - Syrian AF :smiling3:

Last edited: