Stalingrad 1942.

First Name
John
Evening all.
Good progress was made on the decals, managed to use nearly all the set. Using a pipet, an old tile to hold a droplet of water 2 small brushes and couple of cotton buds to work them in with the. I always use this method, as the water on the tile is so shallow the decals never curl .
Then decided to start on a few Russian troops as suggested by Richard.
I checked on the available room at the back of the dio, unfortunately not enough to fit a tank in. So decided to use an anti tank team and two more armed with submachine guns. Of course the anti tank rifle managed to snap on the long barrel, even though I was using the saw. Had to reduce the length slighty to get a clean edge to glue. It's sitting drying at the moment looking quite sorry for it's self .
Several of the Russian figures will be in the large building in the ruins of the main doorway.
IMG_20180517_164423.jpg IMG_20180517_165151.jpg IMG_20180517_165546.jpg IMG_20180517_184242.jpg
Will try to get the Russians painted tomorrow.
Tanks for looking in .
John

First Name
Gregory
John the figures are really looking super... and l’m really looking forward to see more.... so keep up the wonderful work... more... mooore... :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

Jim R

First Name
Jim
Morning John
Fine looking figures. Well done with the decals. I use the same method except I use a small piece of glass from an old picture frame.
Jim

First Name
John
Thanks
Greg....... Cheers buddy, only wish I'd have seen all the seam lines.:sad:

Jim........ Far better on a flat surface as you say , if I had a piece of glass which would be better, I would only drop it !

Wouter......It was daunting at the beginning, but once I got into it and started to take my time doing the detailing became really enjoyable.
Gavin......... Welcome, find a seat .:thumb2:

Going to finish the Russians hopefully today, in between fence painting, watching the wedding and making gallons of tea for management .
John
Actually starting to enjoy painting figures ! :surprised: well other than the faces :smiling3:

First Name
John
Late afternoon from Race Towers.
Due to another pressing engagement, mainly making tea for management whilst stepping over yards of bunting only a short time has been spent in the cave .

Wouts.... I can enjoy the kit detailing, but the faces are a step to far , the eyes look like they were on storks or they would had
such bushy eyebrows they all were related to Mr Brezhnev.
images.jpeg

Including the Germans. !

Ev .... Stand the tubes down we don't want them over heating ! Be a few more days at this rate.

Dude1.... Thanks Buddy , fence still not finished. ! :hungry:

Peter....... Yes, you heard correctly , and I have to say thanks to having your figures it has enabled close study. So full credit should go to you :thumb2: Only the faces that really cause the problems, so more practice needed .Might break out some Hornet Heads and have practice. !

Greg..... Superb, thanks for posting the image. Now can I ...........:flushed:

Ev......... I know, but I've never wanted to portray death, strange how we like to model war and destruction,. Iive figures yes but dead no . Perhaps discussion with dio builders should start ?

Paul ...... Thanks mate, not long promise !

Good evening and God Bless the happy couple :thumb2:
John