Tamiya 1/24 Morris Mini Cooper S with a twist.

First Name
Aaron
Cool man...are you flaring those wheel arches? Great job mate.

Looking good so far.

H

HRVI

Think my Grandad ordered the wrong amount of plastic tubing for the second mini LOL

I need loads because i am keeping them real so loads of bars & stuff need making & a custom exhaust for the Honda K20 when it arrives since its made to fit a Honda civic not a Mini.

This is the front subframe of a standard mini:

Back is on the left & front is on the right

This is what i have to make for the new engine:

Front is on the left & back is on the right

I might move the firewall back inside the car depending on the size of the engine. seems all the minis with K20 engines have an extended nose

First Name
Aaron
Good luck on the scratching mate. Few fiddley bits to do :goodidea:

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Nice Progress Adam, Loving the little personal touches! Always good to see a mini cooper build love the cars :D

Keep up the good work,

Cheers Ben

H

HRVI

Thanks ben. their are 2 or 3 others on this forum but they all seem to be dead.

I am thinking of doing this exhaust stup on the Vtec mini. Its alot more complex & was only done because the mini in the pic was made 4X4 but looks pretty cool.

This is the car in the picture & i think it might have a K20 engine too!

[video=youtube;swUBxUFDJVg]

As you can see its a tight fit under the front end with a radiator half behind the right headlight.

View attachment 47233

100_3350.jpg

Last edited:

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Aha yh ive just checked my build thread and only just noticed your comment :surprised:

That looks smart adam it'll be a nice change from the norm it'd look great if you could make it out of tiny aluminium rod you wouldn't need to much.

I would mind having a few more to build of the mini's as there really fun to build and build quality is good too :smiling3:

H

HRVI

2 Tamiya mini threads are at the top of the feed now :smiling3:

I had ordered some tubing made of plastic & it has steel wire inside it witch i will be using.

Should be able to get the all gray mini painted up this weekend then start assembling the interior.

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Ah sounds good to me be nice to see some pics with the paint on :smiling3:

Oh btw just out of curiosity do you have the minilite style wheels from the morris mini cooper racing kit?

Im after some really and can't find them in the right scale except for those that come in that kit

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HRVI

Yeah but im going to be using them now since nobody has the correct size minilites i actually want.

The kits aren't that expensive though i don't think (£14.50)

This is where i got mine from.

Allways Hobies

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Ah that's cool mate ;)

Yeah that's a good price ill add that shop to my favourites always handy to have!

Thanks,

Ben

H

HRVI

Good stuff :smiling3:

Done loads of stuff lol.

V-tec engine hasn't arrived but the front is prepped ready for it. made the exhausts & roll cage for it.

Supercharged mini has seats, some paint, exhaust & intake pipe. I got some new drill bits too so i could make the wholes for the wires on the engine. the smallest drill was 0.3mm & it looks like a hair. I used fishing wire for the cables instead of cotton like i did last time lol.

The red one was sitting on the wheels for the V-tec just to see how it looked.

View attachment 47320

View attachment 47321

View attachment 47322

View attachment 47323

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

T

treyzx10r

Adam thats some great scratch skills going on, there looking forward to seeing more!

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Nice work there adam, These mini's are going to come out great with all this scratch building!