Tamiya 1/24 Morris Mini Cooper S with a twist.

M

mobear

rather you than me mate,i had a 1275 gt in orange(real one not model)and it was lovely so i`m quietly watching this from afar lol

mobear

First Name
Aaron
This is definatly proving to be a challenge, If it means anything the engine looks fricken wicked dominating the engine bay.

Could you not take some from the bottom of the engine for better fit?

H

HRVI

I could but i want it to be realistic lol. looking at the real one the engine is allmost sat on the floor i have to have the engine sat higher to have the intake manifold to fit

C

CDW

Some brilliant models have come from the builder thinking it was a bad idea at some time in the build....... you keep with it Adam, you'll come up with a solution , i'm enjoying the updates on this so keep 'em comin' :smiling3:

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cricky Adam. Im rivited to this build. Look forward to seeing how you get out of this one with the engine fit. Have you considered scratch building a bonnet using the old one as a template, that way if it all goes Pete Tong you have the original bonnet to fall back on. Also looking at the pictures it looks like you may have some room to drop the engine subframe down abit to give you that space on top.Good luck

H

HRVI

The engine wont go any lower without having to change the grill or the intake manifold. I already made a custom Exhaust manifold to look better & give more room.

Sub frame is done now anyway until the brakes need fitting when i ill have to make the upper suspension arms & springs

I used the original bonnet but cut the front of leaving about 6mm each side & cut half way up then added plasticard to get a slight lift & extension to the bonnet. so far it looks pretty good.

The elastic bands are their to hold all the parts together before final painting & sticking.

View attachment 47896

View attachment 47897

View attachment 47898

View attachment 47899

View attachment 47900

View attachment 47901

View attachment 47902

View attachment 47903

View attachment 47904

View attachment 47905

View attachment 47906

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

T

treyzx10r

Adam thats some major surgery! Really enjoying this build keep the pics comin'!

First Name
Aaron
Looking great Adam, I wonder what the bhp and power to weight is on a real one of these racers

That engine looks like it was worth the wait?

H

HRVI

\ said:
Looking great Adam, I wonder what the bhp and power to weight is on a real one of these racersThat engine looks like it was worth the wait?
A mini is around half a tonne & a couple of the K20 minis built by Super Fast Minis are upto 400bhp so their would be around 800bhp to the tonne. More than you average ferarri ;)

\ said:
This is some build, your detail work is fantastic
Thanks

H

HRVI

Went sailing last weekend so no updates yet. Friday soon though :smiling3:

A friend of mine in Oz has taken quite a liking to the Vtec & wants to buy it :P Not selling though as its the only 1. Might make a second though haha

H

HRVI

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Very nice adam, Really enjoying this thread :smiling3: Ive ended up picking up another mini cooper kit with see you build its persuaded me :P , Ill be having a good old research before i build as i hopefully want to do something different to my other one :smiling3:

Cheers,Ben

M

mobear

fantastic mate,better than watching `pimp my ride`on MTV

MOBEAR

H

HRVI

\ said:
Very nice adam, Really enjoying this thread :smiling3: Ive ended up picking up another mini cooper kit with see you build its persuaded me :P , Ill be having a good old research before i build as i hopefully want to do something different to my other one :smiling3: Cheers,Ben
Thanks & haha. When i finish these 2 i think i will do another. Maybe with 2 mini engines since i have a spare one now :smiling3: Mini built a couple of minis with 2 engines & called them Twinis

\ said:
fantastic mate,better than watching `pimp my ride`on MTVMOBEAR
Haha thanks Ole