Tamiya 1/32 F-16 (the big box )

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
All the underwing stores are now built and slowly going through priming, swmbo has taken a quick trip down south so I used the time I had to get the primer on to the main aircraft. I now have a stealth version of the F-16 :smiling: Next up will be the mottling then top coats. This version only uses two different greys.
F.jpg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good Mick! Sorry got behind on this.

Keep up the great work.

ATB.

Andrew

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Or was it too much vacation Mick? Primer looks smooth as silk on the stealth bird. Just add a tail fin on the back and she's gone...Great progress Sir and hope you do get more bench time soon...

Prost
Allen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Mick I SEE you have glued on the nose cone now yea ? as i was just havun a good look at that hinge piont an it seems to me that could be made adjustable so as the nose cone cloes thehinge bar moves to accoadate the nose to fit

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Or was it too much vacation Mick? Primer looks smooth as silk on the stealth bird. Just add a tail fin on the back and she's gone...Great progress Sir and hope you do get more bench time soon...

Prost
Allen
Holidays never get in the way :smiling: Tailfin is in light grey primer ready for its coat of blue
HI Mick I SEE you have glued on the nose cone now yea ? as i was just havun a good look at that hinge piont an it seems to me that could be made adjustable so as the nose cone cloes thehinge bar moves to accoadate the nose to fit
I could have spent more time trying to get it to fit but I gave in as it will only be displayed closed up
That looks a nice smooth coat of primer Mick. No remedial work to do :thumb2:
It's GW Chaos black. It always gives a really nice finish unlike their white.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Love the color too Mick!!! Sprayed smooth as silk. I guess you have to be real careful handling it now because of all those tiny sticking out thingys.......

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That is a nice colour Mick!!
Really eye catching isn’t it

Love the color too Mick!!! Sprayed smooth as silk. I guess you have to be real careful handling it now because of all those tiny sticking out thingys.......

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen fortunately the static dampers are metal pins recessed into the fin so quite sturdy

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Finally sorted the paint but it was too dark to take a decent pic so I’ve made a start on the tail fin. 14 decals per side the white lettering all have separate shading decals so I’ll do those tomorrow when everything has set nice and dry. Not 100% happy but it’s getting there. Wonder why they have a weird W at the start of Wisconsin, makes it look like I bodged the decal
174485E1-6CFF-4525-A0D8-739FFC0FFB49.jpeg

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Finally sorted the paint but it was too dark to take a decent pic so I’ve made a start on the tail fin. 14 decals per side the white lettering all have separate shading decals so I’ll do those tomorrow when everything has set nice and dry. Not 100% happy but it’s getting there. Wonder why they have a weird W at the start of Wisconsin, makes it look like I bodged the decal
View attachment 467555
That's nice mick!!