W

Workshopscience

Last edited:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Sorry, but no...hang on...this isn't right. You get a kit and start it...no, no, there is a period of at least a day in test fitting and caressing the plastic (or is that just me?) and besides, you cannot be a proper modeler, your workbench is just too damn neat and tidy...IMPOSTER!

I joke of course, nice kit and very nice work so far.

Si:smiling3: Feeling guilty about my mucky work-space.:oops:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's a very nice start.

I notice some Tamiya weathering thingies on your oh so tidy work bench. Do you use them? I got some free with some kit or another but found them to be utter pants! That might just be me :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice start and looking good, will be watching this one, :D

I,m with Si, how do you keep your work bench so tidy, for the life of me it just dose not happen,:confused:

W

Workshopscience

\ said:
very nice start and looking good, will be watching this one, :D I,m with Si, how do you keep your work bench so tidy, for the life of me it just dose not happen,:confused:
I clean it up after each finished project so it may not be as tidy by the end of this build but I force myself to spend 5 minutes after each session tidying it up

W

Workshopscience

\ said:
That's a very nice start.I notice some Tamiya weathering thingies on your oh so tidy work bench. Do you use them? I got some free with some kit or another but found them to be utter pants! That might just be me :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve
The tamiya weathering master sets are quite nice for weathering the inside of the cockpit and adding the smoke effect behind the gun barrels but sometimes they don't turn up well.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
The tamiya weathering master sets are quite nice for weathering the inside of the cockpit and adding the smoke effect behind the gun barrels but sometimes they don't turn up well.
I suppose if it works for you then that's a good thing. Your Corsair cockpit certainly looks good to me!

I tend to dry brush cockpit interiors which is a different way of doing the same thing. I also apply washes if I want a more used and dirty look, something which weathering sets certainly can't replicate.

I'm a bit old school with other staining like exhausts and still use my airbrush :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

W

Workshopscience

Hello

Today I have worked for at least five hours. I managed to get the cockpit weathered and finished. Then I painted the 2 body sides and added detail to the rear tail wheel bay. I am now stuck and need help choosing what colors to use on the painting scheme. Tamiya recommends spray cans. I want to use my airbrush. Can anyone suggest tamiya paint bottle versions of the following spray cans:

AS-8

AS-12

AS-19

AS-20

View attachment 91522

View attachment 91523

The seatbelts did not turn out well...

View attachment 91524

View attachment 91525

then I spray painted the walls of the cockpit ant the landing gear well with my 15$ no-name airbrush

View attachment 91527

View attachment 91526

View attachment 91528

View attachment 91529

View attachment 91530

Part 3 will probably come out later this week since I have school and I will only be able to work for around 30 mins/day

Hope you enjoy this build

see you in part 3

IMG_3896.JPG

IMG_3900.JPG

IMG_3902.JPG

IMG_3903.JPG

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

IMG_3922.JPG

B

Bari

It's looking very good so far, more like 1/48 or 1/24 than 1/72.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I don't use Tamiya paints myself but there must be direct equivalents for the AS 12 (silver) and AS 20 (white), even if you don't use Tamiya. I'm not so sure about the two blue colours, I've seen mixtures given for these in other Tamiya paints.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very good.

I have merged the two threads to keep things neat and tidy. Its just the way we do things, here, one build in one thread.

Also you might want to add your first mane to your details so we know what to call you.

Ian M

W

Workshopscience

\ said:
Looking very good.I have merged the two threads to keep things neat and tidy. Its just the way we do things, here, one build in one thread.

Also you might want to add your first mane to your details so we know what to call you.

Ian M
Oh, ok thank you very much. I will now post the build on this thread.

W

Workshopscience

Managed to get a bit of work done this evening. I connected the two fuselage halves and glued on some of the panels. I also masked off the two side windows.

View attachment 91548

School starts on monday so there will be less progress

IMG_3924.JPG

B

Bari

My apologies about the scale, for some strange reason I thought it was 1/72. which I must admit made me really envious that you could do something that good in 1/72. Mind you its still very good even for 1/32. I look forward to the finished masterpiece.

P

phikoleoputra

Looking forward to this as I have 1 in the stash. Btw, I use XF-2 flat white for the AS-20.

T

T. van Vuuren

WOW that is stunning work and detail.

I have been staring at my Tamiya 1/32 P-51 in the box for almost 2 years now and have still not plucked up the bravado to build it....

Theuns

W

Workshopscience

\ said:
WOW that is stunning work and detail.I have been staring at my Tamiya 1/32 P-51 in the box for almost 2 years now and have still not plucked up the bravado to build it....

Theuns
Same with me, I started my p-51 1/32 tamiya 2 years ago and finished it just about a week ago. Sometimes you just have to wait to get inspiration to build a model.

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
WOW that is stunning work and detail.I have been staring at my Tamiya 1/32 P-51 in the box for almost 2 years now and have still not plucked up the bravado to build it....Theuns
I've had one since they were released!

I just haven't got around to it as I keep starting other projects. I built a 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire IX when that first came out so I can't use a lack of bravado as an excuse :smiling3:

That Corsair is looking very nice Ivan.

Cheers

Steve