Tamiya 1/32 F4U corsair build

• Thread starter Workshopscience
  • Start date
Z

Ziper_it

Great work. Is aqua gloss simply a clear gloss varnish like Gunze or Vallejo?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats looking good.

Is the paint slightly rough or is it just the photo. If it is, it could be a clue as to why your airbrush went down. Stopped working is pretty general what happend and what happens when you try to use it.

Ian M

W

Workshopscience

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Ivan the problem you've got there is silvering which is air trapped under the decal. This is normally prevented by having a glossy surface to apply the decals on. your paint work looks like it has a rough surface which allows air to get trapped. The only way round this is to take a pin and make several pin pricks in the silvered area and then apply a decal softener which should allow the air out and bed down the decal. Hope this helps.

W

Workshopscience

I finally finished the corsair. I tried pricking the decals to remove the bubbles and it worked a bit. If you want to see the build video please watch this video

If you liked the build please like and subscribe. My next build will be a 1/32 bristol beaufighter

View attachment 93674

thanks

IMG_4239.JPG

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
great build and finish, those portable spray booths are ace, aren't they, so easy to setup and put away when you have finished, love mine. Glad to see mine isnt the only one with 'test' stripes ! :smiling:

P

phikoleoputra

Agree, great build. And looking forward to the next one :smiling3: .