Tamiya 1/35 Panzer 111.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

Sorry for being late to the party!! Is looks like I might just squeeze in the door given how busy it is already!!!

Looking good so far and I'll be keeping and eye on this.

ATB

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice work John and good to see that the you're not going to go as completely insane as the Steves and Simons of this world (re the drive plate). I have a Tamiya PZ II in the stash that I'm tempted towards.
Hi Peter, no not going that way, might put a bit of filler in the gaps. The snow will hopefully cover a lot .

John

Photo of the L at the tank museum
View attachment 380703
Looks like type A to me

Just been woken with smelling salts after you mentioned selling StuG books:upside:
That's a great photo Bob, thank you. Always nice to see one in the flesh.:thumb2:

John

Sorry for being late to the party!! Is looks like I might just squeeze in the door given how busy it is already!!!

Looking good so far and I'll be keeping and eye on this.

ATB

Andrew
Welcome Andrew, perhaps you could instil some discipline on the front row. They can get out of hand if they run out of tea and Si's cakes.
John,
My apologies mate don't know how I missed this up till now. Chair pulled up with he rabble. Your off to a great start.
Paul, I'm not surprised how threads are missed, there seem to be such a lot of new ones recently. I'd sit in the second row if I was you, some pretty rough types on the first :smiling3:.

Evening John,
Good to see the Kit going together nicely. The detail looks good:thumb2:
Good old Tamiya :blow-kiss:
Evening Mr Benson, yes good old Tamiya, such a change to build something that actually fits !

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks like a good start , John.
I know nothing about tanks although I did build this kit in my youth.
But I shall come along for the ride and the banter!
cheers
Neil
Your always welcome Neil, there's not much I know about German tanks either ! Other than they seem to have a lot of wheels .:smiling3:

very nice start to this one John,seems to be going along well, ;)
Welcome Monica. Good start as you say, let's hope it carries on that way .
Grab a seat in the second row. Bit rowdy in the front.

Thanks all for looking in, hopefully more tomorrow !

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Feeling ok thanks :smiling5:just wanted something that I could use the Fruils on .
It's only me that lies in bed Simon :smiling3: always thought you slept in the chair or hanging from the ceiling ! :surprised:Thank you for the information.

Are you MAD ?--------------- you expect me to do this AND then cover it up !
Steve your Completely MAD . :smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling: but I like you :thumb2:
Any more of these utterly ridiculous ideas that you have to send me over the edge and you will be sent home ! I shall have words with Mrs Jones .

I think someone for got there med this morning. Steve beware

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice set of wheels you have there Mr Race. Now have you checked the hole configuration on the road wheels and made sure the sprockets have the correct number of teeth? LOL

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice set of wheels you have there Mr Race. Now have you checked the hole configuration on the road wheels and made sure the sprockets have the correct number of teeth? LOL
Yes Steve teeth all correct , but the outer edge of the drive sproket is .004 out on the vertical , a section of plastic card hand shaped will compensate for this oversight.
Surprising that Tamiya let this slip, you'd have none of this slapdash with a model from PARC . Now they are true examples of perfection .

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Yes Steve teeth all correct , but the outer edge of the drive sproket is .004 out on the vertical , a section of plastic card hand shaped will compensate for this oversight.
Surprising that Tamiya let this slip, you'd have none of this slapdash with a model from PARC . Now they are true examples of perfection .
Ooooooooooooooooo! the sarcasm just drips and drips.....
You been locked up for too long, now taken to eating the ferns while modelling....

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I think someone for got there med this morning. Steve beware
No Lee I had my meds, lucky for me Matron is under lock-down as one of her family are ill , so Mrs R gave me a tablet instead.

Ooooooooooooooooo! the sarcasm just drips and drips.....
You been locked up for too long, now taken to eating the ferns while modelling....

:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:, how did you guess !

Outstanding gentlemen! Not laughed this long since at least I saw a dodgy window frame LOL

I 'm saying nothing :smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::nerd:.

Youse guys are all in trouble if Matron slips her leash. PaulE

Quite safe Paul as I said to Lee.:smiling:
OOooh :tongue-out3::upside::nerd:.
JR, Check with Mr. T I think he already has the .004 shims in his stash.

I wouldn't be at all surprised Rick.

Well had a good laugh reading the banter, nice to see others did as well .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
... well...i'm really curios to see where it goes...

Welcome Greg, if your feeling strong you can sit with the Rabble, but I warn you they seem to be all effected by a sudden case of isolation madness, and are likely to have out bursts.

Right back to the build.

As it was such a sunny day I decided to work in the garden, what better than the sound of a Black Bird , a mower in the back ground, the smell of newly mowed grass, heaven !

Started with those wheels, cleaned up the cut off marks and then removed as much of the seam line as possible, then roughed them up and removed quite a bit of the outer rim of rubber.

2020_5.jpg

Then decided to do the Friul's along with a cup of strong tea to carry me.

Picked up the box and caught sight of the type and date they were fitted.

2020_18.jpg

1943/45, so not the correct ones for 1942.

Back into the cave and found the correct type. Mind I don't thing many would notice.

2020_3.jpg

2020_4.jpg
With the correct year I set too and cleaned all 230 , not a lot needed doing on this first stage, a few had very small moulding marks, quick file and into the "done " box
Tomorrow i'll do the drill through, with luck out side in the sun.

2020_2.jpg
The sharp eyed will have notice damp slabs, I'd just moved the watering system.

Thanks for looking in C & C welcome.

Thanks John.

Last edited: