Tamiya 1/48 Lancaster

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Good lord, the paint isn't dry on the Canberra and your off on another. I think you need a hobby............

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Good lord, the paint isn't dry on the Canberra and your off on another. I think you need a hobby............
I've got the modelling bug quite bad at the moment.I need a fix every day!.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Dave, the detail going in is very good.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice detail with the instrument panels look,real nice and so dose the seat belts ,good progress so far, ;)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Nice work Dave watching with interest good luck cheers John

A

andyrobs

Hi Dave, looking good mate, that interior is top notch.

Cheers, Andrew

First Name
Dave
View attachment 118951

View attachment 118952

The join on the underside is quite good.But the upper surface needs a bit of filler.I used Perfect Plastic Putty as a change to my usual Squadron green as it seems to dry faster.Ive rubbed that down then applied Mr Surfacer 500.Will leave overnight to harden then sand it tomorrow.

image.jpg

image.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great IPs and interior detail and seems to be coming together pretty quickly (I think you're enjoying this!) Excellent progress so far Dave and looking forward to more.

Cheers

Paul

A

AlasdairGF

Shutting away the detail! Amazing the difference the scale makes on, e.g. the IP.

Think I might have to add some Mr Surfacer to my arsenal as I'm sitting here looking at fine cracks that my filler won't fix in exactly the spot you've put the 500.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Shutting away the detail! Amazing the difference the scale makes on, e.g. the IP.
Think I might have to add some Mr Surfacer to my arsenal as I'm sitting here looking at fine cracks that my filler won't fix in exactly the spot you've put the 500.
It's questionable if it's worth bothering with interior detail when most of it can't be seen.Why do we do it?.In my opinion seat belts make the most visible improvement.the instrument panel probably won't be seen with the canopy on.And the PE engineers panel looks very nice.But will it look better than the kit supplied decal when viewed through the plastic canopy?.But I've enjoyed the process of adding it to the kit.

First Name
Dave
I've sanded the second lot of filler and I think the fuselage seems are ok now.Will find out when I get some primer on.Ive rescribed lost detail where I've sanded the fuselage join. And I've started applying the pre cut masks to the canopy.

View attachment 119005

View attachment 119006

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking very good Dave. Those pre-cut masks are a Godsend. I'm not sure I would ever have got the clear parts masked and remained sane without them!

Cheers

Steve