Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
great work so far thats a canopy nightmare well done on it

and those guns add so much more detail money very well spent

First Name
Robert
Hi Dave

I've done a few lancs in my time n( all 1/72) and I always wanted to do a 1/48 but never have and you are making this light work by the judge of things, your attention to detail is fantastic and I agree your interior work is wel worth the effort. Buying the extra kits was and look well worth it. Incidentally I bought th 1/72 barrels for my BOB land but never got round yet to fitting them. I was waiting for new turrets to arrive but they got lost somewhere.

Great build and you got me on board.

Undercarriage looks splendid

Cheers

Robert

First Name
Robert
This is this is looking very special Dave and it's making me drool over EBay and Amazon to find a 1/48 scale lanc that's not going to burn too big whole in my pocket. The masks have made your glazing look super fine and the barrels look to scale too ( by chance did the pe set come with ammo feed belts because I think they were visible from the tail turret ?

Great work

Cheers

Robert

First Name
Dave
View attachment 120134

View attachment 120135

\ said:
This is this is looking very special Dave and it's making me drool over EBay and Amazon to find a 1/48 scale lanc that's not going to burn too big whole in my pocket. The masks have made your glazing look super fine and the barrels look to scale too ( by chance did the pe set come with ammo feed belts because I think they were visible from the tail turret ?
Great work

Cheers

Robert
The PE set I bought was Edwards 'Zoom' set which only had instrument panels for the cockpit area.'Flightpath' do a set that includes ammo feed details ( see pic).But it costs £35 and there's a lot of stuff in it I wouldn't use.And you would also need to buy their .303 ammo belt set.
The Tamiya Lancaster kit still commands high prices.I bought mine around 5 years ago for £70.Which is still the most I've ever paid for a single kit.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
This is looking good Dave. I remember this model from the late 1970's, no aftermarket then... it was an enjoyable build and you are certainly doing a great job on this veteran.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Sterling?? I thought it was
a Lancaster!! :P
Patrick dear Patrick Stirling is a World War Two heavy bomber or a castle and town in Scotland.

Sterling is the coinage we use in the Unitedo_Oo_Oo_O Kingdom or a type of silverware or service.

(Sorry couldn't resist )

:P :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:po_Oo_O

First Name
Robert
\ said:
View attachment 131909 View attachment 131910 View attachment 131911 That's the wing halves glued together.Ive also assembled the nose and tail turrets and painted the main wheels.I will paint the camo on the nose turret when I do the fuselage.
Really nice undercarriage wheels there Dave and really well presented and painted ( I'm prob being a bit picky here but when your paying quite a lot for the kit you would think they might have given you tread type Dunlop's!! ( after market seem to gain too much these days )

Robert

First Name
Dave
View attachment 120196

\ said:
Really nice undercarriage wheels there Dave and really well presented and painted ( I'm prob being a bit picky here but when your paying quite a lot for the kit you would think they might have given you tread type Dunlop's!! ( after market seem to gain too much these days )
Robert
Both types of wheel are included in the kit.I think I might have built the wrong ones!.Will have to do some more research.

image.jpg

D

dougie

\ said:
View attachment 131887 View attachment 131888
The PE set I bought was Edwards 'Zoom' set which only had instrument panels for the cockpit area.'Flightpath' do a set that includes ammo feed details ( see pic).But it costs £35 and there's a lot of stuff in it I wouldn't use.And you would also need to buy their .303 ammo belt set.

The Tamiya Lancaster kit still commands high prices.I bought mine around 5 years ago for £70.Which is still the most I've ever paid for a single kit.
Now that's a PE set, holy crap!

D

dougie

\ said:
Patrick dear Patrick Stirling is a World War Two heavy bomber or a castle and town in Scotland.
Sterling is the coinage we use in the Unitedo_Oo_Oo_O Kingdom or a type of silverware or service.

(Sorry couldn't resist )

:P :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:po_Oo_O
Stirling is one of my favourite places. Have been to the castle a good few times over the years with the other half.

Actually there is an embarrassing pic of us age 13 together in the scullery there standing awkwardly close but not touching haha