TAMIYA SU 76 WW2

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
I seem to have missed bits of this. Gun looks great. PE looks neat and tidy. Glad you're feeling better. Bob came good on those instructions. Makes sense when it is pointed out to you but I wouldn't have got it myself.
Keep warm and carry on :tongue-out3:
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
" and on the third day he rose again "

Welcome back mate. I trust your bed warming duties are now over and you can get back to the bench. Great to see you getting your strength back. Look forward to seeing an update in due course

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Glad to see you're feeling better JR, so many bugs going round at the moment, and persistent little buggers too.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome back from the dead stranger! Glad you're doing much better.
Cheers, Rick H.
:smiling::smiling: Thank's Rick

Good to see you again Mr R:thumb2:

Cheers mate........ good to be.

I tried doing this over to the next page and wiped out Si's reply, doing it this way.
SO now they have all lined up ! ***&*&**&** **

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
I seem to have missed bits of this. Gun looks great. PE looks neat and tidy. Glad you're feeling better. Bob came good on those instructions. Makes sense when it is pointed out to you but I wouldn't have got it myself.
Keep warm and carry on :tongue-out3:
Jim
Trying Jim, and with Bobs help I seem to have sorted that out. Wanted some of that Gator Glue that you had mentioned, but some other stuff I wanted as well was out of stock with John, so going to wait.

" and on the third day he rose again "

Welcome back mate. I trust your bed warming duties are now over and you can get back to the bench. Great to see you getting your strength back. Look forward to seeing an update in due course
Steve...............................
Yes bed warming duties are out............. in fact we went out this morning, a case of having to replenish the supplies eaten during the siege of Race Towers.

Glad to see you're feeling better JR, so many bugs going round at the moment, and persistent little buggers too.

Hi Mick.......... was confused with the avatar, thought you must be a new member at first !! Yes most people are getting over it , having it or about to have it. I want nothing to do with any of the latter two groups.:smiling:

Now as I 'm about to do the building I suppose I should move to the correct page and start there.
Right laddies and Gentlefolk lets move to ...........
John .

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Hey John glad to see you are back on track.. ;).... I'm very curios to see where you are with the build.. :smiling:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hey John glad to see you are back on track.. ;).... I'm very curios to see where you are with the build.. :smiling:
Hi Greg...... head over to the buildings in construction section. The SU is sitting waiting for it's Fruil tracks, but I need another pinvise and a load of .4 drills. .

John.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Thank you one and all .

Paul ,Simon , Rick , Pete, Greg, Mike and Lee
Feeling a lot better, the meds have kicked in. Not
done much if any bench work, spent some Nerd time researching Russian buildings as you do .Ceiling heights, roofing degrees and the like. Being a Nerd is so much fun .:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
Done a chart to enable a quick ref to building stuff, saves time looking for dimensions later when your about to cut some board.
Normal service should be resumed shortly

Dzhon
Stalingrad Building Materials.
John,
Good to have you back.
Nerd stuff eh! I thought that was called Nerding when you went looking for information, research being the term used when you ust flip past the stuff that interests Nerds :rolling:.
Nerd = Father figure.
Nerdly = Mrs Nerd.
Nerdling = Young Nerd.
Gnashernerd = Nerd Dog.
Nerdrumph = Nerd car......
Time to go, nurse has arrived...
Mike.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
John,
Good to have you back.
Nerd stuff eh! I thought that was called Nerding when you went looking for information, research being the term used when you ust flip past the stuff that interests Nerds :rolling:.
Nerd = Father figure.
Nerdly = Mrs Nerd.
Nerdling = Young Nerd.
Gnashernerd = Nerd Dog.
Mike.

‘Ello....Mike’s been at the special cough mixture again :smiling5:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Good to have you back.
Nerd = Father figure.
Nerdly = Mrs Nerd.
Nerdling = Young Nerd.
Gnashernerd = Nerd Dog.
Mike.

Mike....... Christine is now fully convinced we are all mad...... Some more than other. At this point looking at me ! Like the Gnashernerd Nerd.
Can you have a Parrot or a Pollynerd ?
Nerdtards = See this lot.
Cheers, Rick H.
:smiling2:

Glad to hear you're on the mend John.
Thanks Peter....... It was the worse I've been for a good number of years, glad its behind me.
‘Ello....Mike’s been at the special cough mixture again :smiling5:
Think I could do with some !
John.
Nothing like a good laugh is there.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike....... Christine is now fully convinced we are all mad...... Some more than other. At this point looking at me ! Like the Gnashernerd Nerd.
Can you have a Parrot or a Pollynerd ?

:smiling2:

Thanks Peter....... It was the worse I've been for a good number of years, glad its behind me.

Think I could do with some !
John.
Nothing like a good laugh is there.
John,
My wife just looks, says nothing and talks quietly to her friends while glancing in my direction, then both look and nod their heads......
Mike.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Glad ou're back and up and running again John, almost time for you to start on your rubble piles..:thumb2::thumb2:
Brad ......... how did you guess ! :smiling2:
There will be rubble as the front of the lower section of the room will be in the street. !!

Found a U tube video last night where a guy was using a vernier to mark out the width of bricks. So simple but highly effective. Once the width was set and locked he used a straight edge to run the tool down. Definitely going to attempt this method.
Thanks for looking in.

John.

B

Brad9826

Brad ......... how did you guess ! :smiling2:
There will be rubble as the front of the lower section of the room will be in the street. !!

Found a U tube video last night where a guy was using a vernier to mark out the width of bricks. So simple but highly effective. Once the width was set and locked he used a straight edge to run the tool down. Definitely going to attempt this method.
Thanks for looking in.

John.
That would be interesting, could you post a link or the http please.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi John, glad you're getting over your illness, been full of cold for a week myself, as Billy Connolly said, there's a bug going round.....
Dzohn's brick works will soon be back up & running again.:rolling::smiling2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That would be interesting, could you post a link or the http please.[/QUOTE.
I' ved tried the first link and removed it so rtyh this .
Modeling with foamboard

Rik Martens
This time I found another post from him.The second on the list is the one I watched .
I tried his method, but found although it kept the measurements correct the tips on my tool are not pointed enough. But the idea is great, hope the link works , see what you think, it would be interesting to hear.
John.

Last edited: