TAMIYA SU 76 WW2

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, I think Bob is on to something. You might have to look at getting some smaller "Trotskys" to man the gun on your SU76:tongue-out3:
Cheers, Rick H.
Rick.....I'll use 1/72....... Only trouble their even worse to see ! :smiling2:
John
Looking good take it slow and steady my friend you’ll get there
.Thanks Lee, .....can always rely on your support.

Well done for persevering with the etch John

A piece of wire will generally pick up enough CA on the end - you don't need much at all

Morning Simon..... I just think there's not enough when I do it that way, but will persevere.

I feel your pain JR. I opened the PE for my new project and nearly fainted. Lots of little brass C links to thread through a part for the back of the rear baskets. Already decided I'm using wire instead :dizzy::face-with-head-bandage:

Mick ......I just read your post, enough to drive you insane ! :smiling2: if I sent you mine you could soon whip through it :smiling2: on some parts I'm sticking to the thick plastic and be damned.

That's coming on nicely John. :smiling3:

Have you noticed yet how similar the commander figure looks to Vladimir Putin?

Bob....... Not had a look yet, funny how some figures look very
similar to certain polititions. I had a tank crew and one was a dead ringer for the Duke of Edinburgh !

Great stuff John. Now that the Rabble have settled down you've been able to get on with this one.

Hi Peter....yes it seems the meds have worked so far. !!

Not started yet to day , full of bl**dy cold.
John :sick::sick::sick::disappointed:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Steady progress. I find that CA, when squeezed out of a joint, does not go hard straight away. It sets in the joint before the excess does. I find THESE really good for wiping away the squeezed out excess. I use the Xtra small ones. It leaves a slight smear and you have to be fairly quick but it does work. The swab only works once or twice because it goes hard with the glue. You do get 50 in a pack with two ends so not too bad. These are not as hairy as the ones from the chemist and are a much more useful shape.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Melting CA pots, layers of skin removed, poor eyesight! I thought modelling was supposed to be fun, relaxing and rewarding.
Looks like the modelling gods are against you at the moment. Stick with it Hang on in there mate. I'm sure it will get easier.
In the mean time keep away from scalpels, lengths of rope and fast moving traffic.
By the way when you tape your fingers up with surgical tape remember to put some on the seats. Permission to carry on:smiling5:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,

Just caught up with your build so far. Plenty of fun going on by the look of things....it will all come good in the end I’m sure!
I always think you do fantastic considering the eye issue...I got two good ‘uns and I still balls thing up mate!
Keep it coming:thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Steady progress. I find that CA, when squeezed out of a joint, does not go hard straight away. It sets in the joint before the excess does. I find THESE really good for wiping away the squeezed out excess. I use the Xtra small ones. It leaves a slight smear and you have to be fairly quick but it does work. The swab only works once or twice because it goes hard with the glue. You do get 50 in a pack with two ends so not too bad. These are not as hairy as the ones from the chemist and are a much more useful shape.
Jim
Another great tip Jim, thanks. Yes those from the chemists are far too hairy. Which ones did you get, I thought the triangle ones look worth a try.
Melting CA pots, layers of skin removed, poor eyesight! I thought modelling was supposed to be fun, relaxing and rewarding.
Looks like the modelling gods are against you at the moment. Stick with it Hang on in there mate. I'm sure it will get easier.
In the mean time keep away from scalpels, lengths of rope and fast moving traffic.
By the way when you tape your fingers up with surgical tape remember to put some on the seats. Permission to carry on:smiling5:

That's right ! Mock the afflicted. :smiling: Fun, who said it was fun, more like purgatory. I only come on here for the humor ! :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

Scottie,
Great advice on the fumes.... Mike.
View attachment 320550
Well I'm not that bad !:flushed:

I thought i had burnt that picture of me on holiday
The heat can do that in the Fens in summer Paul !
That’s my sister dude!
Si....Oh not you as well ...... A full turn out tonight I see. :smiling5:
Evening John,

Just caught up with your build so far. Plenty of fun going on by the look of things....it will all come good in the end I’m sure!
I always think you do fantastic considering the eye issue...I got two good ‘uns and I still balls thing up mate!
Keep it coming:thumb2:
Thanks mate, that's kind of you to say.
Nothing at all today, just sat in the warm, did the forum, U tube and looked at things I don't want or need modelling wise, or do I ?
At least this has cheered me up:thumb2::thumb2:
Thanks guys.
Night all

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John
This bunch is very roudy we may have to get the hose before you finish

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John
This bunch is very roudy we may have to get the hose before you finish

Hi Lee....... I was thinking is it a full moon ? The crowd in the front row are certainly excited. :flushed:
Not the hose! Nurse Cratchet said she wouldn't use it twice in the same week. Patient #105.

Stay CALM #105...... It was only a suggestion.:tongue-out3:
Lee...... This will only excite some of the Rabble, in-fact half the front row have removed their trousers ! :tongue-out2::tongue-out3: Steve take them off your head this instance !
John

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
.. I'm really looking forward to this... will it be a small diorama? on rest or in action?

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I see the rabble are getting a bit over excited!
Still, at least the SU-76 is going together nicely, despite John's best efforts gluing his fingers together (we've all done that!)