....... (The Secret Weapon)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I am proper struggling with this Camouflage Pattern ............. I know what I want to achieve but, I just don't seem to be able to do it...........and I'm making a "Hash of it"............. A major rethink is called for ........ :sad:

Peter

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Leave it Peter, box up and leave it for a few days, not worth you battling away and then not achieving the look you're after.

Si:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Leave it Peter, box up and leave it for a few days, not worth you battling away and then not achieving the look you're after.Si:smiling3:
I think you might be "right on the money" Si ......... Perhaps I've been working too hard on it. Maybe time to get that Lamborghini Countach out again and finish it ........ Then come back to the Viper.

Peter

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I think you might be "right on the money" Si ......... Perhaps I've been working too hard on it. Maybe time to get that Lamborghini Countach out again and finish it ........ Then come back to the Viper.Peter
In the past I have done the same, plugged away, totally absorbed on trying to get something, in my head, right that I made a bugger of it, spoilt the enjoyment and the model.

T

Tibbs

\ said:
I think you might be "right on the money" Si ......... Perhaps I've been working too hard on it. Maybe time to get that Lamborghini Countach out again and finish it ........ Then come back to the Viper.Peter
Is there a thread for your lambo?

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Is there a thread for your lambo?
There you go Amos..............

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/fujimi-1-24-lambourgini-countach-lp5000-quatrovalvale.29699/

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I think that decides it .......... I'll pack it up and get back to it another day ......... I'll resurrect this thread when I get it back out again.......... Onward with the Countach, and that's a straight up "out of the box build ......

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
After a break ......... I've found the inspiration to get back on this ............. I've attacked the nasty camo design with some wet & dry........ and that's all gone. So I'm going back to "Plan B" ........ Plan B should be well on the way by the weekend so I'll post up some photos of it then .

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
So.. back on the case with this .............. As I said I flatted out the camo ........... and now we have PLAN B. Three coats of grey, 3 of black ..........and a clear coat. ............... Tomorrow I'll start the decals.

....... A question ??? What colour do you guys use for a wash on grey ????

Peter

View attachment 100827

View attachment 100828

View attachment 100829

DSCN1193.JPG

DSCN1194.JPG

DSCN1195.JPG

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Very nearly done.......... Just decals, a wash, a little weathering ....... Mattcoat and Ordnance on ........ I suppose I ought to make a start on some kind of base or dio or somesuch.

I'm not sure about the exposed panels ??? ...... currently the exposed bits are painted steel grey metallic. I thought about picking out some detail in titanium gold or bronze or something ...... But I don't want to "over detail it" ......... I'll wait and see what it looks like after it's had a wash coat .......... I can always revisit it before the final Matt Coat.

Peter

View attachment 101079

View attachment 101080

View attachment 101081

View attachment 101082

View attachment 101083

DSCN1197.JPG

DSCN1198.JPG

DSCN1199.JPG

DSCN1200.JPG

DSCN1202.JPG

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Thanks Amos............ It's been a struggle. What with messing around with camouflage ....... But now I'm back on it I'm enjoying it.

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Bit of minor disaster .......... I finally get to put the matt coat on.... and ........ For reasons I have no idea about. Loads of tiny white speckles all over the grey and black. I shook the can well, for about 5 minutes, sprayed it at room temp......... So God only knows why it happened....... So I'll have to wait till it hardens off and see if I can flat it out a bit without damaging the colour coat :mad:

Peter

T

Tibbs

I feel that..... Messed up my first varnish coat on my bug..... Unfortunatly couldnt avoid damaging the colour coat.... So had to take it almost back to primer.... Wish you better luck than me

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I feel that..... Messed up my first varnish coat on my bug..... Unfortunatly couldnt avoid damaging the colour coat.... So had to take it almost back to primer.... Wish you better luck than me
I think it'll be salvageable But....More than anything I'd like to know why it happened.

Peter

D

dubster72

Sounds like the matting agent to me Peter - sometimes it's talc or mica, but it seems as though it hasn't mixed properly.

Next time, place the rattle can in a saucepan of hot (not boiling!) water & leave for a few minutes before shaking. That can help the mixing process.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Sounds like the matting agent to me Peter - sometimes it's talc or mica, but it seems as though it hasn't mixed properly.
Next time, place the rattle can in a saucepan of hot (not boiling!) water & leave for a few minutes before shaking. That can help the mixing process.
Thanks Patrick, I'll file that away for next time ............. I managed to get most of it off ........ What's left I'll put down as a bit of corrosion ..... :rolleyes:

Peter