....... (The Secret Weapon)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
wow, some great stuff here, 4 hours on a gun:eek:, you have the patience of a saint;)
............ It came very close to being thrown across the room more than once.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I like the sounds of that a desert coma,or you try some think very diffidence and do black,red would look cool,

and have it as a commanders fighter, :rolleyes: ........................... :D

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I like the sounds of that a desert coma,or you try some think very diffidence and do black,red would look cool,and have it as a commanders fighter, :rolleyes: ........................... :D
So much to think about ............. and so many opportunities Monica. :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Base colour is on 3 coats............. There is a small run on the forward edge of the port wing, but I can flat that out when the paint hardens off and it'll disappear under the cam pattern...... and I've started painting and detailing the weapons load.....

.......... I have a question ???? ......... Where a modern jet has topside camo, and bearing in mind the base colour continues underneath, is it normal for the underside to have the camo continued on left plain base colour???

Peter

View attachment 99261

View attachment 99262

View attachment 99263

DSCN1179.JPG

DSCN1180.JPG

DSCN1181.JPG

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I got the second colour on for my "Camouflage Pattern" ......... and I'm not too happy with it. I thought the colour would be a good contrast to the base colour......... at least it looked ok while it was going on, but as it's dried it turned out not too different to the base so it doesn't show up too well :sad: ....... and the third (and last colour) it going to wash it out totally I think..... Is a "wash" likely to bring it out ???? or do I just flat it down and start again ????

Peter

First Name
Neil
Peter, hard to give an opinion without seeing it? What if you added a dark line between the two colours to delineate them? Again, not easy to see what that effect would be though without some pics.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Peter, hard to give an opinion without seeing it? What if you added a dark line between the two colours to delineate them? Again, not easy to see what that effect would be though without some pics.
Hi Neil,

As few photos .............. It didn't photograph too well.......... I guess the lighting has changed it some. But the base colour is Tamiya "light Sand" and the camou is "Deck Tan"......

Peter

View attachment 99339

View attachment 99340

View attachment 99341

View attachment 99342

View attachment 99343

DSCN1182.JPG

DSCN1183.JPG

DSCN1184.JPG

DSCN1185.JPG

DSCN1186.JPG

First Name
Neil
Hmm, I see what you mean. If you used a fine pen you could put a black line to follow the camo colour though I'm not sure now it would work that well.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I think I'm best to start over ....... I think I'll flat it down and start again.......... Hey Ho :oops:

Peter

D

dubster72

Peter, if you were to add a third colour that contrasts with the first 2, they'd both become more visible.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Peter, if you were to add a third colour that contrasts with the first 2, they'd both become more visible.
Darker or lighter than the second colour (Deck Tan) Patrick ????

Peter

D

dubster72

\ said:
Darker or lighter than the second colour (Deck Tan) Patrick ????Peter
Well, as this looks to be a planetary attack Viper (coz none of the weapons would work in zero gee) , I'd use an olive green - both as a camo colour & to add the contrast.

A chocolate brown shade would work too if desert colours are what you're aiming for.

Try a few options on some card to see which looks best? That'll be easier than doing the whole model again.

Cheers

Patrick

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Well, as this looks to be a planetary attack Viper (coz none of the weapons would work in zero gee) , I'd use an olive green - both as a camo colour & to add the contrast.A chocolate brown shade would work too if desert colours are what you're aiming for.

Try a few options on some card to see which looks best? That'll be easier than doing the whole model again.

Cheers

Patrick
Thanks Patrick ............. I' give it a go with a brown.

Peter

D

dubster72

Have a look at Adrian's Thunderbolt, his colour scheme is similar to what you're after

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/completed-a-10a-thunderbolt-ii.28263/

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Have a look at Adrian's Thunderbolt, his colour scheme is similar to what you're afterhttp://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/completed-a-10a-thunderbolt-ii.28263/
That is a great paintjob .................. A bit of a rethink is called for here.

Peter