....... (The Secret Weapon)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I've had to press the "Reset" button on the Weapons load .......... The Fins on the rear of the bombs are fouling on the wings .......... :sad: So I'll give it some thought and see what can be sorted tomorrow......... So primer will have to wait for a bit.

Peter

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You could put a couple of pylons on the underside of the main body, or on the wings to make them drop down a little

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
You could put a couple of pylons on the underside of the main body, or on the wings to make them drop down a little
I decided to have another crack at it Ian............. I've made up two deeper pylons and I'll move them outboard a wee bit ...... I still need to shape them some ......... But I think it'll work.

.....Even though these things are the same scale at 1/32 they are huge .......... and the the wings on the Viper are "Wee Stubby Little Things".

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I got moved over here ....... Apparently I was in the wrong place :rolleyes:

Anyway ........... I now have the Weapons Pylons on close to the wing tips and one Stores Rail on the centre line ............... and all the major bits are in (a light coat of) Primer ........... So now I can see where the "blemishes" are .......... A little bit more filler and sanding then another coat before paint.

Peter

View attachment 98966

View attachment 98967

View attachment 98968

View attachment 98969

View attachment 98970

View attachment 98971

View attachment 98972

DSCN1168.JPG

DSCN1169.JPG

DSCN1170.JPG

DSCN1171.JPG

DSCN1172.JPG

DSCN1173.JPG

DSCN1174.JPG

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Thanks Ian ........... It's at that point where all the bits come together an I can see real progress.

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
It is amazing once you get a coat of primer on.......... What you thought was a good job with the filler and sanding shows up all those bits you missed and little blemishes.......... That'll give me something to do tomorrow.

Peter

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
What you thought was a good job with the filler and sanding shows up all those bits you missed and little blemishes
Why do you think I do wrecks all the time? :D

I like it though, this is defo something that will be a first.

N

noble

This is looking good can't wait to see what you do with the paint.

scott

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Last night I spent 4 hours ....... Putting together a "Master M61 20mm Vulcan Cannon" .......... 4 hours. and I never want to try it again ......... at one point I had all the dits on a piece of plain paper marked up in the order of build and the cat decided to get up on the table and sit on them while I was making a cup of tea ....... So after I picked a few bits out of his fur (while he was trying to chew my arm off) ......... Then my missus wants to have a conversation ........ and putting these things together is hard enough without that ........ Trying to get all those itty bitty little bits on and 6 barrels all in those tiny wee holes at the same time .......... Now I just have to find somewhere to mount it.

View attachment 99100

View attachment 99101

vulcan2.jpg

vulcan1.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice work on the cannon, despite female and feline distractions. Get it mount in the nose...total destruction.

Si:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I think the nose is favourite Si ....... Either in or under. I'll see what it looks like tomight........... and yes. The real one is total destruction. I've seen the videos.

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
First Name
Neil
Maybe a bit late but going back to the GRU's (?) bombs anyway, you could reduce or remove the fins - after all it doesn't have to be exact anyway as it is hardly based on a real aircraft and munitions load out right? So if you file them down or remove the offending ones it doesn't really matter.

Looking good though, sorry I laughed at the scalpel incident :P - I bet as you started doing that, you probably thought to yourself "this is a bad idea" - the thing about a sharp scalpel is you don't necessarily notice immediately, then you find it really did cut and pretty deep!

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Maybe a bit late but going back to the GRU's (?) bombs anyway, you could reduce or remove the fins - after all it doesn't have to be exact anyway as it is hardly based on a real aircraft and munitions load out right? So if you file them down or remove the offending ones it doesn't really matter.Looking good though, sorry I laughed at the scalpel incident :P - I bet as you started doing that, you probably thought to yourself "this is a bad idea" - the thing about a sharp scalpel is you don't necessarily notice immediately, then you find it really did cut and pretty deep!
Don't be fretting over the laughing Neil ........ I was a Donkey and that's that ............. I think your idea about the fins is a good one ............ They are big even with having moved the Pylons outboard ....

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Hi peter there is nothing like a little bit of 20mm Vulcan.scott
........ It was an afterthought. But I think it adds to it. :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
all looking good so far Peter,do like the cannon, ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
all looking good so far Peter,do like the cannon, ;)
It was a right mission building the Cannon. But I'm glad I put in the effort......... I'm looking forward to getting some colour on it ....... I did consider leaving it grey and with Black stripes where the red would be on the standard white red livery ....... But I think a desert camo is a better bet.

..... and I need to start thinking about some sort of "Dio" base for it.

Peter