Weltkrieg 11 deutsche Werkstatt

0ne48thtel

Over the last day or two I have started making the tiles for he roof but found the molds I was using were not enabling me to get a fast enough turnover. So I set about creating a master for a mold that would give a higher yeald. That done I now have a mold that gives out around 90 tiles per casting with a section for half tiles. I got the grey colour by adding pigment to the resin.
As there is a small room with a roof on the side of he barn I had a go at tiling it this evening as can be seen below. All comments and suggestions are welcome as always.

Attachments

• DSCF6164.JPG
    DSCF6164.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF6166.JPG
    DSCF6166.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 17

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
The tiles are brilliant. Until I read your comment, I actually thought you had been chopping up bits of slate.

0ne48thtel

I have finally decided what vehicle I am going to have in the barn being worked on. Ian M inadvertently gave me the idea in his famo build post and I hope he doesn't mind me nicking it. I am going to have another Famo being given an over haul. As I have an engine block in bits and a few other things I can use I think it will add to the workshop nicely.
I have also decided not to put any more armour on the board instead going off piste a bit and having a comms truck being unloaded (something a bit different).

Attachments

• DSCF6167.JPG
    DSCF6167.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF6168.JPG
    DSCF6168.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF6169.JPG
    DSCF6169.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF6171.JPG
    DSCF6171.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 8

0ne48thtel

Over the last couple of days I have marked up the roof and started to add the baton strips not sure what they are called in building terms. Then tonight I made a start on the tiling which is proving to be quite fiddly. Having done some rough calcDSCF6172.JPG DSCF6174.JPG DSCF6177.JPG DSCF6179.JPG ulation's I think I will need in the region of 1600 tiles and 7o batons.

0ne48thtel

Here is the reason for me being absent for a couple of weeks. If I ever have the desire to do another fully tiled roof on this scale AGAIN someone give me a right good kick. DSCF6181.JPG DSCF6183.JPG DSCF6184.JPG DSCF6186.JPG DSCF6187.JPG
All that is needed now is the ridge tiles popping on then I can weather it a bit.

0ne48thtel

Thanks Gents much appreciated that's another big hurdle over come on this build.

0ne48thtel

DSCF6191.JPG DSCF6191.JPG DSCF6197.JPG DSCF6198.JPG The ridge tiles are now on all that's left to do with the roof is the weathering.
The second Famo is coming along slowly as well with all the chasis and running gear done I turned my attention to the recovery plough/spade. DSCF6197.JPG DSCF6198.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF6192.JPG
    DSCF6192.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 4

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I know the roof was a lot of work, but the finished result does speak for itself. It came out great.

B

Builder

That is one realistic roof. Unbelievable dedication here Terry mate.

0ne48thtel

I know the roof was a lot of work, but the finished result does speak for itself. It came out great.
That is one realistic roof. Unbelievable dedication here Terry mate.
Thank you both for your kind words and sorry for the delay in responding. I have got to say I am really happy with the way it turned out all that is left to do with it is some weathering.

0ne48thtel

Just a quick update to be going on with. The second Famo is coming along slowly very slowly infact. Of late time just seems to disappear so fast.
I have gone about building this one differently to the last adding PE parts before fixing the plastic parts in place (something I had not done on the first). I am not going to use all the PE as a lot of it wont be seen once the Famo is in the barn. I have the cab tilt to add but it is going to need some work on it to make it fit. This may well be one of those things you buy but then decide it isn't worth the hassle to fit we shall see.DSCF6199.JPG DSCF6200.JPG DSCF6202.JPG DSCF6203.JPG DSCF6206.JPG
I am leaving the tracks until last as one of them will be getting worked on by the mechanics. I am unsure whether I will put any wiring in the engine bay or drape a tarp over the windscreen and bulk head thus cutting out the need for it.