Weltkrieg 11 deutsche Werkstatt

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the PE,makes such a differences,looks much better, ;)

cutting out these panels looks like it was a hard job,

Last edited by a moderator:

0ne48thtel

Thanks guys and gal for your words of encouragement they are much appreciated. Monica the grille panels weren't to bad as I used a scalpel to remove them.

0ne48thtel

Time for an update on these build me thinks. The Panther is coming along nicely having had the metal tracks installed. It has also been painted. I will have to make a couple of handles as when fitting the tracks I snapped them off. Only got the furniture to do on this one then it will be decal and weathering time.

The Famo is also coming along nicely although I am taking my time with it to allow for all the PE some of which has given me a headache or two.

004.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

300.JPG

301.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very good progress Terry,do like the tri-color camo,looks great,nice work with the

PE,as well dose add so much more to it,and liking what your done so far, ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work so far Terry, it's all coming together nicely.

0ne48thtel

Thanks folks glad you like it so far.

These Famo's must have been monsters! I have just dry fitted the cab unit and put it up against the Panther and hell it is massive.

T

tommy1drop

Looking good Terry, really looking forward to the next update mate;)

0ne48thtel

Thanks gents it is coming along slowly I am glad I got the PE sets as it would be all to easy to rush this kit as it goes together so well. If it wasn't for the PE I would more than likely be halfway through the trailer by now.

0ne48thtel

This afternoon I have made a start on the dashboard. I should have listened to the voices in my head when they said it wasn't going to be as easy as I thought. The mountings for the rear dashboard plate were a bugger to line up and took me about an hour to get to a point I was happy. (A note to self here DON'T paint PE parts pre assembly).

I am now moving on to what can only be described as some VERY small bits. They are the mountings for the canvas door panels. I had thought about leaving them off and running with the pre moulded bits on the kit. However as they are there I might as well use them. It says to remove the moulded parts and replace with etched ones. To get around what I see as a problem of keeping them upright I have left small stubs from the moulds to give the etch something to go up against. as can be seen in the pics below. I know this will leave the etch parts slightly out of position but unless viewed with a magnifier I don't think it will matter to much.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

D

Deleted member 4539

It's all good fun working with etch and your pics clearly shows a difference:smiling3:

I stopped prepainting etch years ago as I always seemed to rip paint off.

And as for "Very small bits"..try using 1/700 scale etch. ;)

F

Fenlander

Etch really does make a difference in most cases but I have often left bits off or gone with the plastic if the improvement using etch does not justify the effort fitting it.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I think that Graham some it all up,

I do like the PE,for the added detail,as long as its seen,or

in this case ,an open tool box would look great, ;)

0ne48thtel

Thank you all the external I had already decided that a lot of the internal etch was of no use as it won't be seen. The radiator grille/radiator and fan I put in was a must as I think it makes the front look a lot more realistic although the latter can not bee seen.

When I had finished mounting the etch yesterday I painted it straight away and stuck the parts where they needed to be. This was to minimise handling and risking knocking the etch off or so I thought. As I was putting it to bed for the night I noticed I had infact knocked one of the etch parts off. As these are so small I thought to hell with it I have no chance of finding it but gave the work areas a quick once over just in case. on my last sweep before I called it a night I found it camouflaged on a smearing of paint on the cutting mat. Needless to say I was surprised and pleased at my luck in finding said escaPE.

F

Fenlander

escaPE love it. From this day forth that familiar 'ping' as a piece of brass exits the tweezers will be known as the escaPE :rolleyes:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Still watching....Still JEALOUS!!...............Jim:mad: :D

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Still watching....Still JEALOUS!!...............Jim:mad: :D
Don't be Jim if I can make it look half as good as your builds I will be happy. I have just found one slight fit issue but it is nothing that can't be fettled.