“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good on both,Terry,well done with the weathering as well,

good work on the figure ;)

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Weathering on the Panther looks OK to me Terry. You can certainly see how it has blended the camo colours together and made it look more 'solid'. Wooden cover looks good to. Really coming together.
Thanks Graham to be honest I am not sure about the weathering on the panther as to the naked eye it is very dark. I will get some outside shots later and post them sometimes when you work so close to something it can look wrong until viewed in a different way.

0ne48thtel

\ said:
looking good on both,Terry,well done with the weathering as well,
good work on the figure ;)
Thanks Moni as above I am not sure about the weathering on the panther but will make a decision as to wether I redo it or not later. I have just noticed that there is a couple of bits that I missed off the panther so will do them as well.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I think that it looks ok,but do know were your coming from,as I think we all do that,

I,m not happy with the look, :D

D

Deleted member 4539

Looks good to me Terry,not to dark at all.

Looks very faded.

F

Fenlander

Got to agree with Ralph. Looks good to me. However, if you are not happy and want to try something to lighten it up try the oil dot method using yellow and white. It will blend the camo colours even more but by doing it on the areas that would naturally get more light, it can lift it a bit.

0ne48thtel

Here is today's little installment for the Famo. I have spent the last two evenings trying to get the weapons holder right. A couple of hours were wasted searching for an escaPE that was in camp the whole time. (on the bench but hiding). On the first go of sticking the brackets to the rail I stuck them upside down and couldn't work out why they were coming so far down the weapons. On looking at the PE instructions again I realized what I had done. Trying to get the brackets lined up with the floor holders (which incidentally are the wrong size for the rifle butts) was a task in itself. The only way around it was to dry fit the bar and look down on the model while using a pencil to mark where the brackets needed to be. Once I was happy with them it was on to fitting the rifles which again proved to be a ball ache to do. I know one of the brackets is still slightly off line but I am going to leave it be.

The tail gate is now attached and the PE chains added. Also added are the front vehicle markers and mirror. All that is left to do build wise is the two tail gate release levers the two tools cabinet doors the tool boxes (which are being left for now until I start the dio). The driver and the steering wheel. It will then be on to the trailer.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

0ne48thtel

If I thought the Famo had a lot of PE I was in for a shock when I opened the trailer set. Some parts of the trailer have to be butchered to fit it. The A frame for the main draw bar is to be cut away and a box section of PE put in its place. i THINK BEFORE i START CUTTING ANY BITS OFF I will make the relevant etch parts up to see if they look good It would be a shame to bugger the kit up as a whole because of one stupid mistake.

N

noble

That Bergpanther looks the dogs danglies Terry nice subtle worn looking camouflage and some nice weathering to boot.

scott

N

noble

P. E In my view Terry is the devils work, I hate the stuff.

scott

0ne48thtel

Not had much time over the last week to do much so I have made up for it in the last 24hrs. The A frame for the front bogie was a challenge to do and took a couple of hours to get right. I did go a bit heavy on some of the soldered joints but once painted and weathered these won't be seen. Tonight I have also added the brake drum/axle assemblies to the framework and started on the bed of the trailer (pics to follow shortly)

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

0ne48thtel

The front bogie and trailer bed are now ready for the paint shop. The ear bogie I am undecided how much of the PE to actually use as a lot of it I don't think will be seen. As can be seen on the front bogie there is some solder that needs careful removal or I could just mask it with dirt.

The over all length of this kit is a tad above two foot long which equates to one long dio board if I keep them hitched up.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

0ne48thtel

Well the trailer has moved on a fair bit over the last few days as can be seen below. There is still a fair way to go with it as the back bogie needs the office sorting. Although joined to the trailer at the moment the rear bogie will be detached as I am only now formulating a plan for the dio.

253.JPG

255.JPG

257.JPG

258.JPG

259.JPG

262.JPG