Weltkrieg 11 deutsche Werkstatt

0ne48thtel

Next installment of this build coming right up. The front of this beast is nearly done with only the windscreen and weapons rack to assemble. I have fond one fit issue and being with the bonnet/hood to our American friends. When put in place there is a gap of about half to a mil I have worked out by gently pushing back on the rad shroud I can lose it. but this lifts the front up around a mil. I am not to worried a bout doing it as I can hide the rise by having a cable or something around that area. Everything else looks ok when dry fitted so don't really understand how the bonnet doesn't fit. I have looked online and found one other person that had the same issue unfortunately he didn't enlighten us as to how he over came this problem.

I have now moved on to the rear bed which doesn't look as if it will take to long to knock up as can be seen below.

As always all comments are welcome.

003.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

010.JPG

015.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good,starting to take real shape, ;)

0ne48thtel

Thanks for the encouragement people glad you like it today has been a good productive day.

0ne48thtel

Not a lot done today stuck the wheel arches on the flat bed had a look at the windows and that has been it on the famo front.

This evening I made a start on one of the crew the head isn't finish yet as some of the tones need blending a bit all comments and suggestions welcome as ever. What do you think so far?001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

Sorry the images aren't clearer my camera is getting on a bit now.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Terry, the vehicle is looking very good. The face on the figure is coming along well. Not my thing so can't offer advice, but it does look very well done to me.

D

Deleted member 4539

That is a nicely painted face Terry,a nice mixture of tones. :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well done on the face Terry,he looks good,do like your tones used, :smiling3:

real I think that I would leave him be,and wait till your done all,then

see if you still wont to give a wash of a dust ;)

0ne48thtel

Well I didn't get much time on this project last week due to work so this week I got back on it. The Panther is all but done I am going for a really heavy weathering effect on it as I want it to look like it has been well used. That said I am not sure if I have gone a bit OTT with the grime.

The figure is just about finished too although I need to pick out some of the middle shadows to give it a bit more definition.

With the amount of pics I need to upload I am will do it in two lots As the Famo is also coming along nicely. I am undecided how I want to pose it either static or moving so am leaving the tool cabinet and flat bed rear drop down off for he time being. I have had an issue with a couple of bits of the PE around the drive wheels so will have to find a way to mask them. As always comments good or bad are welcome

002.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

0ne48thtel

Second set of pics sorry about the quality of the pics but my camera is starting to show its age. Again all comments welcome especially on the star of the weathering of the Panther.

001.JPG

003.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

020.JPG

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Coming along very nicely Terry;)
Thanks Jim I am enjoying doing these. When it comes to building the dio I think it is going to need a large base either wide or long and I am swaying towards the long maybe shelf length.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Thanks Jim I am enjoying doing these. When it comes to building the dio I think it is going to need a large base either wide or long and I am swaying towards the long maybe shelf length.
Sounds great Terry, how ever you decide I'm sure you will do a cracking job of it;)

F

Fenlander

Weathering on the Panther looks OK to me Terry. You can certainly see how it has blended the camo colours together and made it look more 'solid'. Wooden cover looks good to. Really coming together.