Where do you have your instructions?

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Initially, I laid the instructions on my modelling bench. Then I bought a copy holder and that was followed by a tablet holder. As space is now at a premium in my den, I have now turned full circle and lay the instructions on my bench, either propped up in front or to one side, on top of the other stuff already sat there:
Boeing_314_Clipper_144_2023_GB_035.JPG

Dave

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
A interesting thread! Might try a copy holder, been looking at my cork board and the one problem is the distance from myself and the wall it's on. It does make me have to squint a bit??

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Well they both look great to me, we'll have to see how I get on.
Thanks :smiling3: It’s a straightforward model that your painting skills will probably make all the difference on.

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I forgot to mention my computer monitor. I have a PC on a desk to my right with a second monitor on my modelling desk where I can display instructions or reference material:
Daves_Den_041.JPG

It certainly makes things easier when using larger instruction booklets and there is the bonus of being able to enlarge pages.

Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
For electronic viewing of instructions and other stuff (like looking up photos of the real thing), I use my iPad. It doubles as my camera for taking pictures of the model :smiling3:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some instructions are more hindrance than help, so once reviewed left aside, others usually remain under the work being done.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Mine are pretty well mobile. I clip them to the left side of the bench on a stackable tool chest as a rule but then move them if I need to look closely or get fed up turning to check on things.
I print off a copy of the plans and actually clip some pages in front of me for reference, eg. paint schemes, or pics of mods I want to try out.
I'm still at the chaotic stage rather than planned stage at this point in the hobby!!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Some instructions are more hindrance than help, so once reviewed left aside, others usually remain under the work being done.
This is more of an option in the scale you tend to work in, than when building an overengineered 1:35 scale tank with complete interior, though ;)

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
work area is also a computer desk for a keyboard and mouse.
when modelling the instructions, if paper, are on the surface I am working on, BUT, If I have a pdf/scanned version it is on one of the two monitors that sit off the work area, and therefore not encroaching on the area I am working on.
Large 2560x1080 screen allows most of a page of instructions to be viewable at a decent resolution.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Floor - well that is where you spend most of the time looking for the elusive part that is stuck to your arm....