Yokosuka E-14Y ‘Glen’ with catapult

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
The hangar has had a quick coat of Halfords grey primer and this highlighted a few pinholes , which you dont want in a submarine! These have been touched up with grey acrylic , and once dry it will be getting a coat of the black primer. A thin strip of tamiya tape was stuck on at the front to represent the joint of the hangar door .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The second one was the same pink stuff as the hull john , the yellow foam I used for the first one was just too soft , more like florists oasis - you only had to look at it and it marked !
ThanksTony, did think that the yellow was a soft and more coarse insulation foam then the pink. I recently tried to cut a section while practicing with a hot wire cutter. Trying to cut it with a knife was not much better, it crumbled.

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Got the hull and hangar primed now , ready to stick together and then i can finally get some paint on. Theres just the ancillaries to be made/ found now and added too. 1B1DC0BE-CA8A-4AB3-8414-CECAF3F9A47D.jpeg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Blimey, No More Nails?
What are you planning to do with it Tony?
Its one of the only things that works sticking the foam together . I tried superglue - melted it , pva - wouldnt stick , UHU hart - melted it , poly cement - melted it . This no more nails is a water based one , very handy for cleaning up joints and so can be used as a caulk too. Cheers tony

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Its one of the only things that works sticking the foam together . I tried superglue - melted it , pva - wouldnt stick , UHU hart - melted it , poly cement - melted it . This no more nails is a water based one , very handy for cleaning up joints and so can be used as a caulk too. Cheers tony
Good to know, cheers Tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hot glue would probably work Tony. I've used it before without issue in foam ...but as you already have No More Nails probably not worth the extra investment.....

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Got the first coat of Tamiya xf54 dark sea grey on , which has shown up a few bits that need sorting. The planking will be hand painted afterwards. Still got to decide if im having the crane stowed or deployed and yet to find some bits for the bow - F5A2BDE1-F7C0-4452-B93B-5A5B96BC5A49.jpegE1045CD2-D8BE-4012-9D87-77B9EF433FC5.jpeg the round tying off thingy (or am I just talking Bollards ?) :smiling5: and some other dooberries

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Toy, I thought you had shelved this project. I have just had a good ketchup on your progress and lovin' it. I still can't believe you went ahead and built this though, as I was only kidding...You might as well go ahead and build the crane too, seeing as you are this far into it. It is looking really good Sir!!!

BTW, are dooberries anything like cling-ons???....Just wondering..........

Prost
Allen