Ironclad IJN NACHI 1943

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL DONE BOYO looks almost ready to fly lol an youve filled that gap a right treat an i know its not a zero but what aircraft is it an very tiny i'll bet but you are managineing it ok well done my freind so are they all the same aircraft ? an where do they fit on the ship stern or midships ?
chrisb

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
WELL DONE BOYO looks almost ready to fly lol an youve filled that gap a right treat an i know its not a zero but what aircraft is it an very tiny i'll bet but you are managineing it ok well done my freind so are they all the same aircraft ? an where do they fit on the ship stern or midships ?
chrisb
Between the rear funnel and main battery. Not a clue. Will do some research

Attachments

• 20240904_174546.jpg
    20240904_174546.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 8

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
To answer your question Chris
20240905_190506.jpg
Top right bi plane, US code name Peter

Under Pete, 2 x "Jake"

Hope this helps

Bob

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
THANKS FOR that Bob mate now i know what the planes name is
cheers
chrisb

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
My pleasure Chris, the page shows the planes used by the cruisers, possibly all the IJN

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No wonder Bob you have invested in a new magnifying lamp.
Those thin section parts would soon ping off into the unknown the minute you pick the model up to paint .

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
No wonder Bob you have invested in a new magnifying lamp.
Those thin section parts would soon ping off into the unknown the minute you pick the model up to paint .
Cheers John

Yes the lamp is a wise investment! Although working over a large plastic food container and sitting right up to the bench prevented parts pinging off. A method I will definitely use again!

john hutton

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Evening Bob,
Like the idea of working over a food container, although in my case, one of those glass boxes with arm tubes fitted to rubber gloves that you see in the Bond films might be a safer bet. Carpet Monster in my house has eaten so much styrene, he can't get through the model room door. So a cunning plan was called for....i moved upstairs...i can hear him screaming as i write.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening Bob,
Like the idea of working over a food container, although in my case, one of those glass boxes with arm tubes fitted to rubber gloves that you see in the Bond films might be a safer bet. Carpet Monster in my house has eaten so much styrene, he can't get through the model room door. So a cunning plan was called for....i moved upstairs...i can hear him screaming as i write.
Hi John

I had to cut off and clean up a lot of tiny bollards to go right on the bow. They really had me worried and the carpet monster licking his lips. So I used the bowl from a food container which I had used to keep dust off StuG's after spraying. Sat right up to the bench to stop parts escaping that way. Only one escaped and that was my mistake. But yes I also thought of those booths you see a mad scientist playing with nuclear glow in the dark bits!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Do you use the apron stuck to the bench edge with Velcro Bob. When I remember to wear it it saves loads of small parts I drop .
So need me one of those.
Oh. a thin sheet of foam rubber on the desk helps to. Conversely it stops small parts bouncing of the table onto the floor!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Bob matey youve had those skills for yrs its just that they hadnt suffaced yet but now they are as you was usein your stug skills then but from the stern she looks like my tiger but on a smaller scale but the prop sharft an A frames look just right very well done my freind bet it was fiddley fittin them ?
chrisb

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Coming along very nicely Bob.
Cheers Ian

Bob matey youve had those skills for yrs its just that they hadnt suffaced yet but now they are as you was usein your stug skills then but from the stern she looks like my tiger but on a smaller scale but the prop sharft an A frames look just right very well done my freind bet it was fiddley fittin them ?
chrisb
Thanks Chris, what was odd was the usual shadow on the hull to fit the part where the shafts leave the hull was missing? Not sure what this is called

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cheers Ian

Thanks Chris, what was odd was the usual shadow on the hull to fit the part where the shafts leave the hull was missing? Not sure what this is called
WELL neither am i Bob as ive heard them called stuffin tube exits from the hull or prop shafts exits but did the kit have the A FRAMES fittings marked out on the hull ? as if you just fitted the A frames in their mounting AN then kept the prop shafts dead straight to the hull centre then they are in the right place from the prop shafts comin out of the hull an yours look right to me well done on that as ive seen on some peoples R/C ships that the shafts exits from the hull are not straight so the prop or props are not at the correct angle to push the ships hull through the water an the cause of this is mainly that they cant get the motors to fit properly in the curved hull so they have sqeezzed them up resultin in prop shafts on the huh
chrisb