Tim’s 1/72 IBG Inns of Court Daimler armoured car.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fell a little behind on this Mr. Marlow. Sure is a tiny little critter with so many parts. But hey, you love the tiny things and doing a great job as always Tim!!! Do all 4 touch the ground???

Prost
Allen
Cheers Allen. No idea yet, don’t want to try them in case I can’t get the wheels off again….the axles look pretty much in line though.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Got a bit further …
Turret interior done…..
IMG_2188.jpeg

Then assembled and nearly finished the turret.

IMG_2190.jpeg
IMG_2191.jpeg
Lots more tiny bits with very little locating points. Not for the easily frustrated is this one….
The eagle eyed amongst you will notice the replacement aerial stand on the left…cleaned up the original then promptly lost it…..scratch built a replacement, then dropped that. Spent about twenty minutes looking for it because I really didn’t want to fiddle around scratching another at about a mil square…..it’s the one behind the back of the Bren gun…..just the turret AA mgs to do now….

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well, assembly is now finished. Aerials added from 0.33 mm hard brass wire. A good 150 parts for a vehicle that is about 5 cm long is ridiculous in my eyes. I only used the dust flaps from the etch fret because most of the others didn’t really add much. They would in 1/35, but in 1/72 they were totally unnecessary. the turret AA mgs are made from five parts with no locating pips, by the way, so if anyone thinks they shouldn’t be fitted at D-Day, keep it to yourself….

IMG_2196.jpeg

That really illustrates a problem with this kit. The vague or non existent parts location. An example is this.
IMG_2203.jpeg
That minute, 1/4 mm or so, bump at the inner ring of the turret is what you are supposed to use to locate it on the hull. It could have been substantially extended and still not impacted fidelity. I will glue the turret down once it’s finished. It’s a very well detailed kit, but I certainly wouldn’t try it unless you have experience because it will drive you mad.

Anyway, paint next…..

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looking at the amount of work that went into this, I’d say that for a gaming model, the Hasegawa kit would be the better choice ;) As a display model, it’s looking very good, though.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking at the amount of work that went into this, I’d say that for a gaming model, the Hasegawa kit would be the better choice ;) As a display model, it’s looking very good, though.
I’d agree with that wholeheartedly. Never mind, it’s been an interesting build. Not sure when the SOD will get done though, it is too much of a fiddly SOD….