Tim’s 1/72 IBG Inns of Court Daimler armoured car.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0161.jpeg
Now with burnt umber wash/filter and a light drybrush in Vallejo tan earth….the colour looks much better to me, not that I’m that knowledgeable about British AFV colours. Details next, then decals etc…..
The detail of the kit has come out really well after this treatment. Must admit it’s pretty exceptional for its size.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I agree with Paul, the drybrushing has been very effective.
Cheers Andy. I know it’s an old technique, but I still like it for highlighting texture and edges. Acrylic is a difficult paint to use though. Old style Humbrol was good, but oils are by far the easiest. Very fine pigment and smooth to apply. They need overnight to dry, but that’s the only real down side. Naples yellow light is a fantastic colour for fading out German yellow armour, for example. Trouble is you cant use water based varnishes over them. This one was done with acrylics, and as I said, the make up brush has made the technique much more effective than the filbert flat brushes I used to use.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Just catching up Tim.

You’ve done a great job with it and it’s looking very nice :smiling4:

The most frustrating type of model in my opinion. Overly detailed, odd engineering choices and vague instruction but you’ve tamed it :thumb2:

Geoff.