Tim’s 1/72 IBG Inns of Court Daimler armoured car.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice work Tim. This looks like a busy little machine. Finishing will be interesting with so many nooks and crannies to highlight.
Getting spray into the undercuts and crevices might be awkward Colin, but I’m sure I’ll manage it. Not sure dry brushing to highlight will be a good idea though, might have to be very gentle with it. A lot of the parts are butt jointed rather than fitted using locating pins so could have quite weak mechanical joins.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's looking good Tim, despite the trials and tribulations.

Hear what you and Jakko say about the Hasegawa version being a better gaming option. I've nearly finished one and have a second in the stash but last time I checked they're going for more second hand than the IBG kits cost.....

Looking forward to a splash of green!

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That's looking good Tim, despite the trials and tribulations.

Hear what you and Jakko say about the Hasegawa version being a better gaming option. I've nearly finished one and have a second in the stash but last time I checked they're going for more second hand than the IBG kits cost.....

Looking forward to a splash of green!

ATB.

Andrew
You don’t have to put all the bits on of course Andrew. I tend to go for it because I don’t game very much these days. If you have a hasegawa one I’d probably go for that, but buying new this one is fine. It just takes a bit of care. Won’t be green though, I’m going for the earlier SCC2 colour which is more of an earth colour just for a bit of variation. It’s what the SOD illustration on the IBG box art is painted in.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Cheers Ian. In this case it’s not just the size of the parts, it’s the lack of positive location. Still, all done now and in primer.
Just had a very nice catch up Tim. Great stuff.
I can empathise with the lack of positive location. Similar to my Wasp, a fair amount of guestimation and knowledge of the subject matter are helpful!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just had a very nice catch up Tim. Great stuff.
I can empathise with the lack of positive location. Similar to my Wasp, a fair amount of guestimation and knowledge of the subject matter are helpful!!
I was on a hiding to nothing there then Doug. All I know about these is that they have four wheels and are armoured cars LOL….
Thanks for the support though, much appreciated :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Now with SSC 2…..mixed from Tamiya colours and possibly a bit green. I’m going to use a burnt umber wash on it to give it a little more definition and make it slightly browner. Drybrush will happen after detail painting and decals. It will probably get some selective pin washing as well.
IMG_2219.jpeg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Definitely looks great Tim! You seem to have gotten all the nooks and crannies covered too...

Prost
Allen
Yep, put some effort into that Allen. Harder to get good coverage on it than some of the bigger stuff I’ve built anyway…..