Tim’s Airfix 1/35 Austin K2/Y Ambulance .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
.... Yeah,just noticed that when watching the clip!:tears-of-joy:......
.... mind you,one fizzy Lager is the same as all the other fizzy Lagers if you ask me!!:poop:
Completely agree….used to love the Hobgoblin advert….What’s the matter lager boy….scared you’re going to taste something….

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Maybe he dropped the fourth glass so needed a replacement when he got to that end of the queue?!!:thinking:
I never noticed that….what I noticed was that the other glasses had big foamy heads when he picked up the glass, then were pretty full, with no heads, when he put the empty glass down…..

Geek alert….that scene was filmed first thing in the morning, straight after breakfast, and they used real beer…..Mills was then made to repeat the scene over about six takes until the director was happy…….I bet they didn’t film much else with him in that day….

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I will enjoy watching this one. Still not landed in Denmark. (Home of 'probably the best lager in the world'). But the moment it does.... I'll have a pop at the Caunter.
Great move. There is another kit around from Gecko models, with about three times the part count, but this one will do for me.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’ll follow along too if I may Tim.

Are virtual bar snacks also available? I’d quite like a bag of pork scratchings please :hungry:

Geoff
Of course you may…..as to scratchings, now there’s something I haven’t eaten for years……they are at the end of the bar by the lager…..do you remember the ones that were so hard they could almost break your teeth…..

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I'll be following Tim. It'll be interesting to compare with my WW1 ambulance.

As for Pork scratchings, I love them but like you say they break teeth, so I haven't had one in years.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I'll be following Tim. It'll be interesting to compare with my WW1 ambulance.

As for Pork scratchings, I love them but like you say they break teeth, so I haven't had one in years.
Certainty will. I bet the box body on mine isn’t that much more advanced than yours Mike.

As to scratchings, I know a newer variety was brought in that were more like quavers in texture……..you could try those ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Going well so far….chassis done.
9BDD6CDB-FFAF-4457-98B9-6ACC78027166.jpeg
No engine so it’s a bit simplified…..but then, the bonnet doesn’t open so what’s the point ;)

One from underneath…..
D3B3CFE2-17FC-48A6-8955-D64252B53866.jpeg
The wheels are not fixed so I can get them off for painting. Of course, it has the obligatory dog on three legs issue I always get when assembling a ladder chassis from individual parts. The twist gets put in as the adhesive dries I think…..good fit otherwise, though there are a lot of ejection pin marks in hidden locations.
Next job is to look for references and build the body. I’m only adding extra detail if it’s very obviously missing or can be improved…….hence the chassis is off the peg. Nobody looks under the body once it’s built…..
cheers all
Tim

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Late onto this one Tim , seems i missed the party , all the booze and pork scratchings flying about ! Mines a pint of Punk or Elvis Juice please and a couple of bags of scratchings . I’ll sit at the back and be quiet ( unless i lose a filling !)
Looks a really nice kit , just the right amount of detail , ie. Plenty where its visible but none where its not , a lot of the far eastern makers could do well to take note , all too often kits have too many parts and detail thats never seen .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nice start Tim!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Late onto this one Tim , seems i missed the party , all the booze and pork scratchings flying about ! Mines a pint of Punk or Elvis Juice please and a couple of bags of scratchings . I’ll sit at the back and be quiet ( unless i lose a filling !)
Looks a really nice kit , just the right amount of detail , ie. Plenty where its visible but none where its not , a lot of the far eastern makers could do well to take note , all too often kits have too many parts and detail thats never seen .
You haven’t missed much so far Tony. I only started it Sunday ;) Help yourself to refreshments…..not a Brewdog fan myself I’m afraid….