Welcome to Geoff’s D-Day 80th Anniversary tribute chat thread.

SteveT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I can't start mine until sunday or monday but one question first. Do we stick the build images in here or start a new thread?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Steve,

For your build, you start a new thread under the GB main heading. Give it a title like, SteveT's 1/48 Eduard Tempest. Or the scale, brand and type of what you are going to build. A pic of the box, pics of the spues and stuff, pic of the decals, and a pic of the instruction sheet. Then you are off and running You can add info, if you wish, as you go along. HTH's

Prost
Allen

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Lol...I will do it but I'm so out of practice I need to restart slowly......it's going to frustrate the hell out of me that I cant build to the same standards that I used to
Don’t worry Paul just get stuck in ;). As Neil said it’s no competition, no one is going to judge your build :thumb2:

Geoff.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Ohh you can do it, just think how awesome it'll look when its done!
I’m trying, but not quite seeing it myself yet …

Struggling, not a word I would normally associate with you Jakko???
I used to have this T-shirt:

never-finish.jpg

Well, I still do, but haven’t worn it in ten years or more because it’s too faded :sad:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Silly question.

All the sites I've looked at insist that all US soldiers wore a gas mask during the D-day invasion. Considering it was such a momentous occasion, how come nobody except Dragon make 1/35 figures with gas masks - despite the fact there are quite a few sets saying they are D-day figures?

I'm toying with the idea of doing summat for this GB and a small dio with figures seemed OK - but I don't like Dragon kits (too many parts!). I've even thought of trying to make a gas mask but I fear that's beyond my limited abilities.

I'm OK with the idea that soldiers would discard them once landed, but that means I can't show the actual landing. Doohh!